Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Ended up painting the outside of the transom not a good painting job i should have painted the top edge than the back of the transom done it the other way around and had runs

I'll see how it looks tomorrow wether i sand down the crappyness or if i just leave it and get it on the water will see tomorrow

The past week i have felt loaded up to my tits with this rebuild

Something funky happen to the paint on the left like it split or something, i noticed no matter how much i mixed the paint in the cup white streaks were continouing to mix in i scraped all the sides and kept mixing over and over could not get rid of it

Edit i went out to the shed after i painted the transom and the paint had split in the paint tray too, when i started i opened both tins of paint and mixed the 2 part really well this was the colour i than opened the hardener and it was all clear so didnt mix that one, i added the 2 part first than the 1 part hardener did i get old dodgy paint?

Attachment 122235

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Daylight shows its defects glad to say it looks pretty good Attachment 122239

Started turning the boat around today picked up 12m of 6mm cable rated at 2800kg, a 1000kg come along and strap for the tree dodnt realise the strap for the tree was a full circle

Im moving the trailer about 2 meters every 40minsAttachment 122240Attachment 122241

I have moved the boat and trailer 5 meters from where it was that was 10 or 12 goes on the come along seems the 4 wheels are fighting each other making it next to impossible to move the front wheels are fighting the back wheels they are trying to twist rather than just roll

Tomorrows attempt i will remove 1 wheel from each side than hook up my gen 2 mini trailer mover electric wheel and see if that will move it

Failing the above i will have to park my car in the driveway and use either my towball or the cars towing points to use the come along plan is trailer is pointing 12 o clock (front) 6 o clock (rear) the car will be positioned at 4 o clock really dont wanna #### my car but i have no other options

Theres around 800kg load on the come along so this is going to be tricky

yeah take the front axle wheels off and pump up to the max the back ones and should spin around , failing that put something under the inside wheel your turning like a steel hub cap or something slippery like plastic , is the new garden shed in the way of the car hence the labour

The boat is just so big and heavy its hard to move, the main big tree i used today is 8-9m tall well established the ground behind the tree started cracking while i used the come along

If i were to use the plumb tree at the end of the driveway and pull the trailer backwards the front of the trailer would have to hook pretty hard as the back of hull is just off the driveway

I think the whole effort of getting it to move is the 4 wheels twisting its creating incredible strain on the come along

If i take two wheels off i am hoping its easy to move and just spins strait around

I need the boat in the driveway to wheel it outside to get boat code attached so i really need this to work

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I have moved the boat and trailer 5 meters from where it was that was 10 or 12 goes on the come along seems the 4 wheels are fighting each other making it next to impossible to move the front wheels are fighting the back wheels they are trying to twist rather than just roll

Tomorrows attempt i will remove 1 wheel from each side than hook up my gen 2 mini trailer mover electric wheel and see if that will move it

Failing the above i will have to park my car in the driveway and use either my towball or the cars towing points to use the come along plan is trailer is pointing 12 o clock (front) 6 o clock (rear) the car will be positioned at 4 o clock really dont wanna #### my car but i have no other options

Theres around 800kg load on the come along so this is going to be tricky

Don’t hook up to the tow ball

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Thanks Shakey i looked up i'll keep using the come along

I am actually making good progress the boat is almost turned around just its not sitting on the driveway

I pulled both rear wheels off and the trailer is turning much easier i also am using my little 4m tall flower tree for the pulling and it hasnt fallen over yet

Watch it with the balance Gazza, I guess you would have already struck an issue if there would have been one.
    I would have taken off the front axel wheels as Cat suggested... But if it's working all well and good..

Just take your time with it...

Col

she a good size lump of a boat , did you roll and tip or spray

Hey Col there was a huge amount of towball weight possibly 350kg the day i bought the boat it took from memory 5 of us to lift the trailer onto the tow ball with the boat facing up hill thats the only reason i took the back wheels off and the jockey wheel was bitting into the lawn

I have it sorted now im moving it 40cm each go very time consuming each 30min session im absolutely soaked in sweat and need a break theres probably a good 8-10 kg push on the come along each ratchet deffinatly getting a work out

Tomorrow i'll pull the boat back to the plum tree than pull her all the way down the driveway and straighten her up

4 months ago i was giving the trailer away but never got around to getting the hull onto tge new trailer as the new trailer has to be weighed empty for rego and i just cant get the finances together to do everything at once

So its got me thinking i may have to keep the old trailer knock off the rust weld in new frame sections give her a paint and flog it, a bit of coin my way would help tremendiously

Hey Cat i used a hairy 180mm roller used for glassing i than tipped with a natural colour (beige) paint brush i had heaps of runs up along the top but im going to do 2 layers than wet sand and polish

Hey guys i thought i would let u in on a test i done i needed to sand down the two spots that meet the bunks at my transom so the other night i put the car jack under the keel two planks of wood on top of the jack and she lifted strait up not one creek or cracking sound i had lift the hull 2 inch up off both bunks and slide some ply and left over kaycel between the hull and timber bunks the transom was solid nothing went wrong the keel took almost the whole hulls weight

Hey Col u and Cat were right, today i was moving the trailer and i thought i would try lift the trailers hitch it took about 12kg i swung the trailer 3 meters she is almost on the driveway now

I have the jockey wheel on the concrete path closes to the neighbours yard i just need to swap the wheels over front to back so i have some weight on the front and i'll connect the electric jockey wheel up and see how i go

Picked up a battery just to start the merc and use my trailer mover the battery is second hand it read 10v flashing 11v at the blokes house i came home used my multimeter it read stable 9.76v i have it on charge now using my trusty 20 year old chargerAttachment 122255Attachment 122256Attachment 122257