Page 60 of 233 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Lifting it from the back left of the trailer won't give you a true indication of the weight on the left hand wheels.
    How do you know the jack piston cross sectional area is 1.38 square inches, the piston may not be the same size as the visible part of the ram.

I'd bite the bullet & go with the 1000 Kg axles.

Handy links.
    http://www.onlineconversion.com/circlesolve.htm
    https://joshmadison.com/convert-for-windows/

Hey Fed looked it up on the Indestructibles web site my piston measures 34mm which is 1.38 square inch using a online calculator, i need to put the trailer up on some car stands and weigh each 1/3rd

That trailer has to be 450kg easy

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Go the bigger axles gaz....

Yeah i probably will go with 40mm square but i'll wait and see if i can firk out for a rolling axle kit pre built there about $450 and everything is galvanised

A nice bloke posted this.pic on fb for me i was told my Caribbean was a Sea Camper it measures 18.7ft but Caribbean class it as a 19 footer been told it has a 19 degree dead rise and a caralonia flair whatever that means i donnoAttachment 120301

The third picture in your post #481 has a Caribbean Baron sticker on it, the old Baron was loosely referred to as a 19 Footer.

That was just a sticker someone put on it Fed the Barron looks like a later model boat with no cabin and a normal runabout look to it

Actually must have been looking at something else heres a quick google of a caribbean baron https://www.google.com/search?q=cari...&bih=520&dpr=3

Put a couple hours in this afternoon before 8pm, ground down and feathered all my filleting edges gave it a vacuum than gave it a good wash with the sponge and clean water wiping off the amine blush there is still a little bit of dust about some small bits of wood shavings from the plainer using a 7 litre budget vacuum fills up quiet fast i will vacuum again when i climb back in than give all the fillets a light sanding than a acetone wipe and she should be ready to glass up

just realized i ordered my second batch of resin 2 months ago and it has taking me this long to glass the stringers, life isn't going to plan so the boat, trailer and engine need to come second most importantly my family's health comes first

Back into it today guys i just pulled the tarp off for a couple hours work thought i would use my new $30 action camera from adventure kings 4wd store to give u guys a real view of the boat, i thought about recording some of the work but today will only be hand sanding the fillets and sanding the stringers with the orbital sander and rounding off the tops i may record some of the glassing tho that is the next days job cant wait to get it all sealed and locked in

Don't over think the rounding off business, it's not that critical, as long as there is not a right angle it's good enough (even a right angle can be glassed OK)

Thanks Noel i put a small radius on the stringers, now have another problem the beams holding the hull up have sagged about 5mm its enough to break the glue between the stringers lengthwise joint how should i go about repairing this? i am ready to glass as of now but this problem has risen i feel the only thing stopping the hull sagging even more is the stringers being glued into place i fear that if i jack up the beams i may break the stringer fillets

The bog you use to glue the stringers down plays little part in the overall strength, it only serves as a temporary filler before the glass goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Thanks Noel i put a small radius on the stringers, now have another problem the beams holding the hull up have sagged about 5mm its enough to break the glue between the stringers lengthwise joint how should i go about repairing this? i am ready to glass as of now but this problem has risen i feel the only thing stopping the hull sagging even more is the stringers being glued into place i fear that if i jack up the beams i may break the stringer fillets
    A couple of pictures of the concerns Gazza?

This video should work in 10mins its uploading now, the video is fish eyed but the hull has dropped about 5mm

Has the hull dropped or only the trailer bunk?

If it the hull you should fix it before you glass inside.

Back to the string line to maybe get an idea of what's going on?

If you don't check it out it will play on your mind for the rest of the build and may come back to bite you on the water.