Page 47 of 233 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

add Elizabeth montgomery (Bewitched) from that era too . smoking hot.

Gazza, sounds like some monkey business going on in your neck of the woods. bread. scissors. garbo bags .

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post

Gazza, sounds like some monkey business going on in your neck of the woods. bread. scissors. garbo bags .
    They could be trying to cut the carbs?

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post

I'm monitoring it but not much i we can do, i left to go to the shops about 4 weeks ago and my mum swears someone tried opening the back door we don't know wtf it is i still haven't put up the camera's out back i have zero motivation at the moment its getting depressing all work stopped on the boat too for now hopefully i pick it up again while its still winter, scissors were not rusty so leads me to believe it ended up in my yard within the last couple of nights as its was a foggy night that night and it was wet and muddy probably from my dog chewing on the handles

box of cabosil came on thursday or yesterday can't remember which day

getting tired of all this bs no motivation is a real downer i have so much shit planned, i have so much want to do just finding that get up and go energy is lurking beyond my self at the moment

i have so much work i need to do before winter ends and i just can't seem to do it, 3 weeks ago i was so eager and excited to finally have energy to work on the boat i was powering it out than it all went into a spin i still had that strong drive but each day i had to help other people out i had to do stuff for my mum, i had to go shopping each day i had to help out my uncle all while i really wanted to work on the boat it just seemed each day i had something in front of me stopping me from working on the boat now i don't have the energy nothing is getting done its a real bummer I'm really not liking it

its as simple as this tab transom 3 to 5 layers, glue down and glass stringers than ready for floor i am finding it mission impossible just cutting the strips off the roll of cloth for the tabbing!!! fmd something is changing maybe my depression is rearing its head again

Gazza, mate don't let the black dog bite you again. Get some sensor lights, light the place up like christmas at night time, as for your builds, just set small goals for each job, don't need to finish anything in one go and each achievement will be a motivation for the small next step.
    We have all got problems, no matter how confident people may seem, most have a few demons to fight so stay positive mate
    Cheers
    Muz

i know its very frustating when you have a project and cant get ahead because your time is split up into other catergories. im similar to you and have multiple tasks going on and what ive learnt is to dont worry what you cant control. Father time will always beat us in the end , what i do now is set smaller tasks that will get done and have the ( i acheived my objective today) feels...

A neighbor has just told us he got security camera's installed 2 houses away a bit of added security his camera's are well blended in with the back ground so here's hopping no one can see them

since i adjusted tarp over boat it has stayed dry and my dogs haven't chewed the tie down ropes, progress will resume when i have some up and go energy

No progress on the boat guys however we had some problems last night seems we have a serial peepin tom, one other neighbor had cameras installed my next door neighbor had security lights installed and are now parking there car behind the gates anothrr neighbour across the street has built a dog pen outside his front bedroom window

Last night i was up at 2:30am my nephew lives 10mins away he and his girl friend were woken by someone in there back yard talking to there dog he sent me a msg on fb but whoever it was was not to be seen, 3:30am i was in the toilet i heard someone open the plastic rain cover on my dogs kennel sounded strange and because it was cold 2 of my dogs were in the one kennel laying on the heated pad the fawn colour savage staffy was just laying down softly barking when i heard someone say "shhhh" went out the back strait away but no one to be seen
    Tonight i put up another camera lets see if anything happens another camera will go up soon so two cameras will look back on each other
    I now dont think this person wants anything we own i am now thinking this is a stalking situation
    I think those two guys eyeing off my small boat may have come across my youtube channel and seen they were the stars of the day and may have hindered there operation
    Still no motovation to do anything to the boat lucky this is not a quick rebuild

Looking for some inspiration at 3:30am going to pick up some supplies from the hardwear in the morning hopefully this rain clears up and i get put a couple of daylight hours aside to work on the boat, have just been watching some Ship shape TV on youtube it was a 30-35min video series on vimeo a video upload web site like youtube but i have noticed the builder John is now uploading the videos for free to youtube here is the channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsM...bZ10Tz272hidxQ

Slowly getting some drive to work on the boat again cant afford to pay my cousin to help at the moment so its all on me in a shitty routine too so that does not help one bit with motivation i wanted to glass at night with lights but that has never panned out

No more visitors to my house both boats are ok and nothing knocked off that i know of, pets have been quiet each night, no door knockers i'm pretty sure those clowns have seen the youtube video i will take it down shortly

For now on the boat build i think i need to focus on getting the stringers in and floor down i'm thinking of still going with the hard top but i need to be realistic if i want this to be a mile long mission or 5 mile long mission i think the quickest way will be a centre console with the view to go hard top in the near future just to limit the load of work i have to do now

One for Steve thanks for saying the boat will end up on the internet for sale comments like that keep repeating in my head over and over i really want to succed in this rebuild without having crap comments kicking me while im down just keep that to your self from here on i need positivity

Went out and got the boat ready to finish glassing in the transom moved some stuff out of the shed went to grab my resin and the hardener bottle was all sucked in and it changed from that yellow'ish brown'ish tinge to almost clear good to say my resin is out of date its about 13 14 months old, That West System is good for 3 years!!!

need to call supplier on monday find out how much the hardener will set me back

how do i dispose of the hardener? still about 1/4 1/sixth of a bottle

Supplier got back to me this afternoon he said the sucking in of the bottle is normal in cold weather and wants pics of the colour change i am just going to use it, going to start prepping than glassing in 6-7 hours from now if it aint going to rain

Have been waiting a week to get started kept checking the weather day in day out it would say rain today sunny tomorrow tomorrow comes and it says 50% shower and it pisses down there were no breaks

Back on it today looks like good weather going to do the tabbing today and get working on those stringers tomorrow or thursday once the transom tabbing is hard enough for sanding

Figured there is 6 weeks left of winter i really need to get moving, i was going to try get some fibreglassing video for my youtube channel not many videos on youtube showing epoxy and cloth wetting out other than demonstration or samples hopefully get some video of glassing the stringers too

Just finish tabbing in the transom 4 layers plus over laps the corners have something like 8 layers but i ran into a problem i didn't notice because the boat was covered over i just lift the tarp off the transom and glassed from the outside i didn't see i had a dry spot in the cloth hard to see when your looking along the direction of the cloth the dry spot is in the 3rd top layer will it matter if i leave it or should i grind it out and repair with a patch?

used around 1 litre of resin, 4x 300mls batches and had to throw some left over away

for some reason i keep having problems with air bubbles i don't know why but i roll out the cloth nicely than when the resin goes off these bubbles appear and i can't roll them back out I'm pretty sure its me and what I'm doing but i just can't figure it out

anyhow if i move on now the next stage is the stringers, i must say the first layer was an absolute shit to wet out cloth kept lifting than stretching than over lapping omg the next layers got easier and easier nd it was a breeze i ended up getting around 35mins of working time with the resin before i found the roller wouldn't roll and the resin was thickening, sat the resin in the sun for 30mins but its viscosity was still very thick

Can't help you with the technical questions Gazza,
    But great to see you back into it bud......

Col

Thanks Col, Was good being productive rather than seeing this beautiful weather go to waste my sleeping has been throwing a curve ball because I'm highly medicated the meds help me sleep and i have been in the worse routine going to sleep at 5am up at six pm get nothing done but just waste time plus there was a long stretch of the past 7 days of rain has been killing me not being able to get any work done even if it were just a little bit of sanding or cleaning the surface i would have been happy

had to skip a days medication to throw me back into a somewhat regular routine so hopefully i maintain a good sleeping pattern from here on for a week or two

the resin wont be fully hard untill tomorrow late afternoon a downside to using epoxy if i sand it to early it clogs the sanding pads but im eager to start working on the stringers need to use up all this resin and my 4 litres of glue mix before it expires, resin is around 14 months old glue mix is around 8 months old its making me aware i have been sitting around with my thumb in my bum looking for excuses not to work on the boat but with major depression its a battle for the good or the bad its just a slow process working out the better parts in life and focusing on those for now

the tabbing didn't pan out as i had hoped for i looked at the first layer of tabbing than went inside and cut the cloth cut it at 150mm but i should have cut 200mm strips and its a bit of a messy job trying to make it all look tidy and aligned once that first layer went down as soon as the second went on it just stuck to the resin so i was covered in the resin trying to unfold the cloth

Back on the job in the morning i need to pick up a bucket from bunnings so i can wet sponge all the dust out of the hull so probably no gluing stringers tomorrow plan is to sand the tabbing tomorrow and trim the old transom cap/splashwell cut out to refit it and prep ot for gluing and glassing i have decided to just reuse my old splashwell im still not convinced if reusing the old one and glassing it back together will be less work than just making a new entire splashwell but that is the plans for the morning