Page 30 of 233 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Went out to the boat untied the tarp climbed in and seen 70 litres of water inside the boat at the transom thought bloody hell i am drilling a couple 38mm bung holes now a little over size (38mm bungs) holes i am drilling are around 45mm so i can fill with resin than drill again

boated 100 kingfish ,okay put up the video , seeing is believing....

Cat they were all rats mate biggest was 62cm legal is anything over 65cm in NSW im the camera dude the videos were our first 2 fish me started drifting but decided to anchor there were about 10 boats and only us and another boat were getting them between 4 of us we boated close to 100 fish

Anyone know where to source some empty new calking tubes from in Au? looking everywhere found one supplier but they directed me to a shonky looking Ymail email account

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F253928110671

How about these gazza ?

Saltwater fishing, boat mad but has a job that gets in the way.

Oops just noticed it’s in the “land of the free” not the “land down under”.
    Sorry.

Saltwater fishing, boat mad but has a job that gets in the way.

Evo yeah the US is market is flooded with them but only 1 dealer in Au has them at $1.43 each i wanted a bunch of them but i was directed to a email to order them from seems sus as

Try these guy's. I have bought products from them when I had a business.
    http://www.crlaurence.com.au/crlapps...lID=3114&pom=0

Thanks Gon got a quote they have some in Sydney top stuff

This is how things are getting worked out my boat is leaking like crazy i need a new tarp but the tarp i have cost almost $100 and only last six to seven months it has a few holes and tears here and there i am getting another tarp maybe this week but i want to start gluing in and glassing my center stringer

i plan on laying down my middle stringer and filleting it and glassing it in place, will adding the bulkheads after the stringers are fully glassed in effect the structure of the boat? i see a lot of people glue in place all the stringers and bulkheads in one go than glass the entire lot in but i can't do it this way with a leaking boat as i am at the mercy of big storms

Yesterday finished shaping my main keel stringer and cutting it to the correct length plus transom angle that is ready to glue in now when the glue arrives, i also cut some bung holes but left the transom covered and just eye balled it a bit of a f... up i'm not happy with but u can hardly notice from 2 meters back looking at the whole transom any how they are done, today i filled the bung holes with resin using standard hardener and talc for a filler i made it very thick than within 10mins it just went so runny i added a litle more filler and it held kind of was hard to fill the bung holes i had 95 percent of the other side hole covered with tape and filled from the outside it was messy i taped the outside so the resin could not run out while it heated up, within 1 to 1.5 hours the resin was hard like vegimite in the fridge so i removed the outside tape and just let it cure

i cut i think 42mm holes my bungs are recessed hole size 38mm internal bung hole is like 25mm I'm going to drill a 22mm hole right thru just so i dont f... it up and drill into the plywood it needs to be a clean hole right thru the 55mm transom thickness without touching the plywood

you guys will probably say to paint over the holes and drill more i may just keep the right hole and keep the boat as one hull bung offset and one floor bung not sure yet but my drilling skills absolutely suck ass

i think i am done trying to be cheap and make my resin double as a glue using the talc it is just going off lightning fast i have barely anytime to use it after i have mixed it so from here on i will be using the Trojan six ninety adhesive supposedly has 90mins working time at 25c 100mls

Bung has been recessed and hole drilled all the way thru just the bung not siliconed in yet

My epoxy glue mix arrived today u dont get much glue for $155 i may need to order more i only got the 4 litre kit next size up is 20 litres $$$

That bung hole has been a nightmare i keep thinking about i suck at accuracy anyhow i will be using the right side hole only the left side will be sanded and painted over just a f.... up from me a big one but its done

this crustation on the hull has really been getting me down i have been thinking about it since i bought the boat and wondering how on earth to get rid of it all its tough as rocks sharp as a blade and stinks, so the hull has been drying out for 7 months now and i just got a hold of a small 1400psi gurni (pressure washer) and i was wowed a few minutes it was all gone very pleased to say the lease

i will wait untill shes up on bricks before i gurni the lot and place her on the new trailer

Trying to find a cheap fibreglass place to do my stringers just got quoted $9000 for stringers and a floor is this the kind of money u guys are paying?

Sounds pretty expensive to me.