Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129130131132133134135136137138139
Results 2,071 to 2,079 of 2079
  1. #2071

    Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

    Hey guys a 115hp computer just came up for my mercury its $550 tho should i jump on it? The 115hp computer and 115hp camshafts i still have will make my engine a 115hp

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

  2. #2072

    Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

    short answer = NO

    finish the hull, ignore everything else
    you are going to get no where flip flopping all over the place

  3. #2073

    Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

    Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    ignore everything
    You know he will!

  4. #2074

    Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Hey guys a 115hp computer just came up for my mercury its $550 tho should i jump on it? The 115hp computer and 115hp camshafts i still have will make my engine a 115hp

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app
    Couple posts back you didnít have the money to finish the stringers. Why not put the $550 towards that?

  5. #2075

    Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

    Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Couple posts back you didnít have the money to finish the stringers. Why not put the $550 towards that?
    Sadly selling my tools Gunna over the past 10 years i bought so much multiple welders, metal lathe, all tools than when i moved i've had 3 months to reflect on my life style with my mum getting sick of the worse happens i will be in a rush to clean everything out so i have just started to get rid of my prized tools, my hobbymat md65 lathe was sold tonight my ac/dc tig and other mig tomortow night

    Its really sad when reality hits mate

    Hopping to still have the boat on the water sometime around summer but yeah if my mum passes any time soon i will end up getting pushed into a flat or unit and im really hopping i can keep the boat

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

  6. #2076

    Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Sadly selling my tools Gunna over the past 10 years i bought so much multiple welders, metal lathe, all tools than when i moved i've had 3 months to reflect on my life style with my mum getting sick of the worse happens i will be in a rush to clean everything out so i have just started to get rid of my prized tools, my hobbymat md65 lathe was sold tonight my ac/dc tig and other mig tomortow night

    Its really sad when reality hits mate

    Hopping to still have the boat on the water sometime around summer but yeah if my mum passes any time soon i will end up getting pushed into a flat or unit and im really hopping i can keep the boat

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app
    No good about mum.

    Even if you are selling tools and getting few dollars in your pocket, do nothing with that money other than get the boat finished. Forget the motor, forget the trailer, just get the boat done first, then move onto other things.

    Keep going Gazza, youíll get there and hopefully by summer


    Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

  7. #2077

    Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

    Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    No good about mum.

    Even if you are selling tools and getting few dollars in your pocket, do nothing with that money other than get the boat finished. Forget the motor, forget the trailer, just get the boat done first, then move onto other things.

    Keep going Gazza, youíll get there and hopefully by summer


    Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    Yeah thats the plan it doesnt seem like much work i just need to put in a few hours and get her done

    Care people have come to my house and say its messy its actually clean just the tools out of my old shed are stored in my bedroom and dinning room my tools are taking up 1/2 of the dinning room just no where to put it all and a bit reluctant to get cosey here

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

  8. #2078

    Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

    found a good hack on a video old mate used a extension ladder leaning against the brickwall to pick up the outboard and slip the stand in , depending on the ladder but each rung is rated for 120kg usually .

  9. #2079

    Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

    Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    found a good hack on a video old mate used a extension ladder leaning against the brickwall to pick up the outboard and slip the stand in , depending on the ladder but each rung is rated for 120kg usually .
    I like that idea Cat kind of like making a A frame which i have read is the strongest shape but i would be crapping it a bit if the ladder were to pull out at the base

    To hire a crane for a day cost $30 to have it delivered cost a further $30 it will be money well spent if i cant get a hold of my cousins hoist he lent it to his good mate and the poor bugger just passed away he was meant to pick it up the other day

    My engine hoist was rusty and working but gee i have kicked my self a dozen times for chucking it out

    Come monday i plan on ordering 10 more meters of double bias and i have 10 meters of chopped mat coming already, i just got my 7 meters of 300gram woven roving i should be set to glue in and glass my transom and last 2 stringers and all bulkheads, i still have around 26-27 litres of resin

    So by the end of this week i really have nothing stopping me other than motivation and being able to make noise using the planer at the right hours but yeah...

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us