Page 63 of 233 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Gazza, maybe the guys with the video are locals who are complaining about the smell and dust. If you get a council inspector out there soon,it maybe a result of these guys complaining .
    I cant smell it from my place but I am in Redcliffe just outside Brisbane.
    Or maybe its just Google Earth
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

Hey TT the dust is a problem and old mate that lives 2 doors away washes his car every second day but no complaints yet, as for the smell this epoxy resin is low VOC which means its very low in oder actually its that light on the smell being outdoors u really need to put your nose up to the wet glass or mixing cup to smell it and that is just me i have a very sensitive nose to smell as a guess i would estimate the resin to smell 1/6th of the smell of a ciagrette in a car its really good low VOC resin if i could actually smell it i'd still be wearing the 3m mask

I have no idea who the guy was i thought being where i am it may have been undercover police they were in a late model white Prado and the camera was actually a video recording camera not a go pro or phone or anytging like that, kind of weird because he held the camera stationairy pointing with the front of the car but he had a good geeze at me

Currently 34c here at 3pm im ganna do a night video session of some glassing

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Gazza, are you on workers compo or some sort of disability pension mate? Might be a centrelink investigator?

Yeah Scott i am on a disability pension the reason i am on the dsp is because i take a high dose of schizophrenia and depression medications and have for 13 years if they are videoing me for this reason i say good luck they can investigate me all they like i'm not being smart but i am on 300mg Effexor and 9mg Invega and have been for 13 years i was also on Invega injections while on tablets i am pretty f.... up mentally and spend 98 percent of my time at home i have pretty much no friends 2 brothers i use to go fishing with and 2 cousins also that's it my circle is small my life is just that so if centrelink want to investigate its all already on their books

i have been seeing a psychiatrist since 2007

I done 40mins of glassing this afternoon i was going to go into the night but favored not to, i only got down two layers of woven roving and i shit u not just laying it out as in my picture in post 92six the woven roving conformed beautifully no air pockets and it looks really tidy and neatly done

i majorly messed up with going over the top of the stringers but its a lesson learnt

i will compile today's 3 videos into a series when i do the other side of the stringer and also cap the stringer with the double bias instead of these videos doing bit by bit day by day

ive had a bloke smartphone my house once, i challenged him and he said it was his hobby, go figure.
    ive had a bloke smartphone the truck i was driving because i parked outside his house next to the 7 eleven. "how dare you park here"
    ive had a bloke smartphone many times when unloading claiming to be from council.

Moral of the story is so many fruit bats would rather spy on people then go bloody fishing

dont worry about these people, they are drifting in the sea in a boat with no motor, going around and around..."qoute from Arnold swarzhenegger"

Haha yeah Cat i donno who the two people were in the car i am a very honest person so i dont hide anything, im sure my dr relays all the information yo centrelink about my mental health or it would be on my medical records somewhere in some computer at some place

Been doing a bit of work here and there it feels like i dont do much work not enough to be worth of any celebrations but i am chipping away put in about 40mins to an hour a day according to the video logs

Seems by looking back at video ligs its taking me so far 1 hour 30mins over 2 sessions to just glass the sides of 1 stringer which makes it feel like time is dragging on but after the 40mins or so of bending over my back is copping a floggin u may hsve seen this in my videos when i stand up and hold my back my lower back is acking like buggery

I packed up some hours ago but went to inspect the work and work out what more i have to do, i need to glass 4 meters of 1.2x4m of glass over my two outer stringers i have decided to do these from 2 layers of 400gram double bias i am not using the 630gram woven roving for these smaller stringers as they have less height in the walls there wont be much cloth that will stick to the stringer and maintain the bond im thinking the cloth will just peel off and wont hold its radius untill the resin cures

I do have 2 more stringers they are tiny 2cm to 3cm in height i never actually cut those out in the demo the wood inside is rotted and the stringers are basically empty do u fellas think i should restringer these? They will be incredible hard to repair they are inside anove my chines the reason they will be hard is the location i may cut thru the chines in the demo and the left over outer edge of the floor is still covering a good portion on these chine stringers

Other than that i only have to cap off 2 stringers and they are done

Put up some photos of the small ones. I'd imagine that you could use the remaining glass to get the required shape then just glass over them with enough volume to get the required strength. Certainly hollow stringers used in some production boats world wide.

CT i didnt even think of that but now looking at it its possible, would u use cloth or mat over the existing mat?

Gazza,
    I reckon part of your problem with the tops of your stringers was because you didn't wet out the wood first. I find it makes the job much easier, especially when you are using the heavier cloths.. I dont use epoxy tho so it could be different. All my experience is with vinylester n polyester..

Hey Cox the woven cloth was quiet carpet like the strans were around 3mm thick in both directions so the sheet was quiet thick and not so bendable to form around the small radius

I done it another was i finished off a stringer this afternoon by glassing the bottom and sides with woven roving and capping the stringer with double bias

Wetting out and getting the double bias to conform to bends is like wrapping wet tissue around a broom handle

Im uploading a video now of the start to finish of glassing in a stringer, a bit of a big file probably only good for those with unlimited internet goes for 14mins was 2 hours of filming over 3 days

Heres a video i took some edits are out of place and the ending was cut out i donno why, 2 hour compiled video in 14mins

Anyone know where to buy 8 inch or 200mm C channel aluminium in aus?

Like these https://bobsmachine.com/product/8-fi...bracket-300hp/ at 28lb i think shipping would kill the deal

Most of them only sell by the 6.5m length i only need 1 meter lol
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post