Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

You're not dumping full containers of waste, just used cups and stuff, toss them in the normal old bin, squash them down as small as possible first.

Ask your neighbours if they have any spare room in their bins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i just dont want to cop a fine Noel up here the rubbish trucks have cameras im not sure if they are monitored tho

The 20L 10L containers i will have to squash some how or cut up

Shaun my sister lives 20mins away and she has two council rubbish bins i may ask if i can put some rubbish in her bin will have to see

For the EPE foam i've been told nothing will stick to it

if your worried about what they might see, just hide the rubbish inside garbage bags!

Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
    if your worried about what they might see, just hide the rubbish inside garbage bags!
    They are probably X-ray cameras , no one is safe.

Put your tin foil hat on before putting rubbish in the bin....

Guys... its not me who cops the fine it will be my mum and she is under enough stress..

I know people chuck all sortsof crap in the rubbish that they shouldnt but it was only several pages back a person or two were flaming me for the idea of incorrectly disposing of the bottles...

I just ordered another 4x1m sheets to finish off the foam i'll calculate the total foam used once its all in im aldo still tempted to install that underfloor esky/ice box

Any amount of storage you can build in will be a bonus later, my old cat had 2 storage boxes built down near the transom, and I kind of thought they were useless, but I used them for all sorts of stuff that didn't matter if it got wet, buckets, rope, boxes (small enough to fit) tons of things.

Im thinking of making the esky/ice box in the middle of this plywood up the fron of the console but im yet to decide if i want to cut into the keel stringer

Its been a crappy past week or two i was loaded with motivation than it started raining everyday than i twist my ankle now i have made a full recover getting a bit depressed again so much crap to be done its a weight on my shoulders

Today being the first sunny day i have had to prep the house for a inspection so i cant do much to the boat

Planning is takibg place now on where my new bunch of foam will go, what compartments under the floor i will be going with and basically trying to get the false floors in, bungs drilled and fitted, foam bouyancy fitted than the floor boards made and glued down

Just so much work for one person at the moment the rewards are not really showing for my work effort and its a downer

Rebuilding a boat sounds simple and easy but i shit u not thisis very hard sweaty teary work and u get all cut up and bleed, just installing that foam i had long lengths og cured woven roving slicing me up like crazy long bits of strands stabbing my skin that stuff hurts and stings like a bugger

Be happy once the floor is down and console is going in

Rather then cut the keel stringer, just make two long skinny storage compartments either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Rather then cut the keel stringer, just make two long skinny storage compartments either side.
    Or just use an esky, maybe alright for drinks and bait.

Those pockets would need to run partly under the console, the boat seems like a huge amount of room but once the console goes in the middle than seats go in its a really squashy boat with little room

I may need to put the console up in the boat for another look, last time i had it placed mid way inside the cockpit area but i thought it may need to go a bit further forward

I could make right up in the lower V of the bow into two eskies

Crap thing is i never thought of a esky going up the front so built it more for structure with the bulkhead layout