Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    My vernier caliper got nicked when i moved house i just put the micrometer on it and it comes out at 0.36mm it does have one direction string running thru it so i would say the material would be about 0.10mm

Tarp weighs about 8kilos i will keep it but it just looks like it wont last long i hope i get my floor down soon if the tarp does fail the boat is safe

I was going to get the white tarp too for the same reasons but went for there heaviest duty tarp they sold as i dont really want to buy another one

So far i had had possibly 5 or 6 sets of tarps coving this hull that tally up around $550 if i knew from the start i would go thru so manu i would have hopefully bought one decent one from the start

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app
    Have you looked around for a secomd hand transportable shed. It may cost you a bit more but serve you long term and moveable if you had to.

It's called "live and learn"! I also went through a few before coming to the realization that the other types are crap in the long run if you leave them on continuously, but it does hurt the pocket a bit to buy these ones but so long as they do the job I will be happy and they do offer a 3 year UV warranty whatever that means! So far, mine is living up to expectations.

Not yet Digs just felt like things started to snow ball first the transom than the boat floods two pockets, doing a rebuild in the backyard is dooable but there are a few curve balls thrown in along the way

Ideal dream would be to have a air conditioned shed wouldnt that be lovely haha

Being a nite owl really dampens my motivation when im up and running working on the boat daily stuff actually gets done than out of no where it rains for a week, i run out of supplies, bad medicated sleeping times it all hampens the progress

Wish i had some sort of garage from the beginning even just a carport i can drape tarps down the side and poke my small air conditioner in there to work all night thru summer or heat it for winter

Just 2-3 weeks ago i was steaming along i had the boat tarp lifted up about 40% from one side while i was installing the bulkheads i was out there every night 6-10:30 than had problems with the planer than the one full week of rain hit and it killed the motivation

Im pretty much broke for another 4 weeks i have supplies to keep me going but nothing to buy a carport atm

I will still keep an eye out on the classifieds for a shagged portable carport i only need the frame hopefully one pops up for little bread

Wouldn’t it be easier to just put down a couple star stakes with pipe then run the tarp over the lot. Like this

http://www.ecofilms.com.au/easy-to-b...pe-greenhouse/

Gunna i tried that once and it was a disaster i went to bunnings and picked up 30x 3 meter 32mm i think from memory conduit pipes i went down the escilator with it all on a trolley OMG kill me now!!!! Plastic conduit on a aluminium or steel trolley going down hill 30 pieces slid off tge trolley and all the way down the escillator pilling up at the bottom haha i had strangers helping me load it back on to the trolley what a bloody moment that was

When i got home i tried to do the hoop and toss a tarp over the top the hoops just flopped all over the place it couldnt support the light tarps weight

Whole hoop barn canopy was a disaster

Had a bit of an idea since i just got a new partial fence installed im thinking of running some roofing from the facia to the top of the fence but i will need to do it super cheap as if council tell me to pull it down i will have toAttachment 121996Attachment 121997

Actually had a brilliant idea i'll run some plastic conduit pipes from my house to the fence and drape my tarp over it its not structual so council likely wont say anything as its just a tarp

My new tarp is 7x5m the roof gap is about 2.4m wide and about 6 meters long

Bloody perrrrfect!

Just need to turn the boat around and im solo at the moment no one can come help due to cv19 outbreak in my area

Got my transom 95% prepped a tad more sanding than i need to hand sand along the inner edges

Got my template cut out just on dark i used 1200x1200 sheet of cardboard to mark out the one layer of kaycel

Transom template is marked as a XL shaft i need to cut it down to L shaftAttachment 122003Attachment 122004Attachment 122005Attachment 122006Attachment 122007

Guys i have a worry the long shaft transom and two blokes in the back corner may dip the transom under the water with the 182kg engine on the back

Should i keep the transom as pictured extra long shaft and install a jacking plate?

If i were to keep the long shaft and i sunk the ass end after all this hard work i would be in tears

I doubt it will sink like that, but almost all motors over about 90 HP are XL these days.

Yeah thats a bit of a dilamour Noel i really want to see if the 90hp can push it but if i were to upgrade to a 150hp i would go XL shaft but at this point i cant upgrade

What do i do?

Im ganna have a 25" transom with a 500mm wide cut out down to 20" to run the 90 merc, not going with a jack

Also laminate will be

Chop (powder bound)
    Db
    Chop
    Db
    Chop
    Db

Should i put a layer or two of 300g woven roving in there?

Edit: after all these months my immunity against epoxy has come to an end, i now get a rash on both forearms when grinding sometimes it barely noticable other times its a noticable reaction and when i get dust in my eyes im almost crying they water so much.. once im finished for the day i head inside and before i get to have a shower my nose is very runny mostly liquid even tho im wearing a sealed half face respirator 3m 6100 i just jump in the shower have a good wash was me hair really well the dust sticks to ya face and hair like crazy and blow me nose than im all good again the arm rash settles and im back to normal

They're called goggles FFS. You dont want that shit in your eyes ever. Plus a hood doesn't hurt either.

It's hot and you look like a ######## but you also dont shave 15 years off your life

Gazza wearing KKK gear, that I'd like to see.
    Report him to the BLM mob for desertion.