Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

If you donít get the pod right you also risk the powerhead getting dunked which is common as well with non flotation pods

You are going to put a a extra 100 kilos half to 1m back from its origional location even Stevie wonder can see this will have consequences

I know you want to have a flash boat but lipstick on a pig is all it will be if you go a pod

People donít have to own boats to not have have experienced things as many people ave been deckies on such vessels

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Shakey thanks, i found that link last night i think it may have been member Love80 that previously posted it but i got a little lost reading it i will have another read after i get some sleep

I can put my fuel tank up the front as i have not designed that yet it may counter balance a pod possibly? I still want the pod but i know the guys here are saying dont do it i just dont want a ordinary boat
    Nothing wrong with an ordinary boat. All you will be doing in my opinion is make it look different. Make your different in the deck area if you wish as thatís where your time is spent. People may look at your boat from a distance and see the pod but when they walk up to your boat they will only look inside, not stand back saying oh look at that pod.

Forget pod for now. Finish boat get it on the water and see how it performs. Pod can be added later IF NEEDED

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

https://www.thecaptain.tv/articles/b...ilders-survey/

Have a read. Light hearted but not one recommendation for retrofitting pods to old hull designs.

As lots of other blokes have said, it's your boat so do what you want, but bastardising a line a good mate of mine gave me, I reserve the right to laugh at you if it doesn't work! In my opinion, and stolen from the crew at Bote-Cote, the simplest and most successful way of restoring old boats for the backyarder is replacing like with like (or words to that effect). The philosophy worked for me which is why I keep suggesting it to you. If you want to experiment with hull design, get a job working for a boat builder and do it on their coin.

whether it works or not, it just won't look right with the original transom line and splash well!

I'm looking at all options at this moment in cluding going a pod even going carbon fibre if it doesnt pan out i can take it off reluctantly

So far have quotes of twill 12k 600g carbon fibre $16 a meter looking at ordering 15-20 meters for a pod thickness about 6-10mm thick pod

So other than appearance is there a reason for the pod?

Matt

Matt at the moment i dont actually know how far i want to mod the boat i had originally big plans hard top,pod, dual bait tanks, custom splash well, shot is just not happening i just cant find the omph to do it all dreams are dwindling and i am slowly settling on less and less modifications soon i will end up with a expensive $10,000 boat that is nothing out of the ordinary