Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    The guy that does boat works on youtube posted thisvideo on holes

I’ve seen this bloke before and I don’t mind his work.

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Yes but if you watch the video he says that repairing from both sides is recommended. He points out that this is a small boat which means small stresses, so what applies to this example doesn't apply to a larger boat. PS: having to work upside down is another drawback with Gazza's plan.

The bloke Andy in that boat works video mentions big holes guys the hole he is reparing is atleaee 7 inches wide by 4 inches when he mentions 40-50 footers with large holes he is talking big repairs, my holeis a 1 inch hole which is tiny tiny compared to the hole in the video

I have 3 small grinder slit cuts thru the hull too i will be drilling out the ends than filling the slit with a glue mix than around 10-15 layers of 400g double bias than sand (the fibreglass repair will double as a fairing in its t hickness) sand it all smooth and level with the gelcoat than i'll gelcoat the whole hull

The hull needs to be off the trailer as i still need to gurni all the barnicles off that i cant reach while on the trailer

ok..Gazza..a one inch hole is not all that bad.....if you cant get to the back of the hole you need to do a few things to make sure the laminate you build is compacted and strong...clean the inside back of the hole as best you can.....you need to make a patch of larger diam than the hole....a 1inch hole a less than 2 inch back patch....epoxy and two laminate made on plastic sheet ...when its cured put a screw in the middle of the patch a tie some string to it!...The patch should roll up enough to insert through the hole.... epoxy it onto the inside of the hole use the string to hold in position or at least not have the patch drop into the hull.. that gives you a strong surface to build the laminate on and keeps the grinding shit out of the hull...Once thats cured grind out the outside of the hole and build your laminate till the hole is whole again...

Bugger i havent been saving and this popped up 2004 honda 150hp high pressure O ring was failing 2k for a running engine bloody spewin, i found the add literally 3mins after it was listed and i wasnt even looking for another outboard, i would have technically been the first guy to jump on the deal bummer!

2k for a running engine bloody spewin
    No, 2k for an engine lying on a pallet that the seller CLAIMS was running and only has high pressure O-ring failure.

That's a lot of coin to throw at something that could be junk.

Bugger i havent been saving and this popped up 2004 honda 150hp high pressure O ring was failing 2k for a running engine bloody spewin, i found the add literally 3mins after it was listed and i wasnt even looking for another outboard, i would have technically been the first guy to jump on the deal bummer!
    That deal is bananas you should have been all over it

tenor (3).jpg

Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Moph seller claims 180psi on all cylinders im sure he wouldnt mind running a quick test, he could get 2k just for the gearbox alone so i think he just wants to flog it off, it has 2k hours too so might be a worn horse too

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    That deal is bananas you should have been all over it

https://tenor.com/L828.gif

Matt
    I hope you swollowed your patasium intake whole without chocking Matt

tenor (2).gif

Word on the street is your the one with dietary issues. You could probably use a few extra vitamins and minerals

Here i was thinking u were playing with your bananas Matt hide the bananadown the osohagus than make it appear again

Here i was thinking u were playing with your bananas Matt hide the bananadown the osohagus than make it appear again
    Is that a fantasy of yours gazz? You seem very obsessed with Matt's bananas

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Just checking Matt has had his full patassium intake where that may be..

Are you sure you don't drink or smoke drugs?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Are you crushing on me Gaz?

tenor (4).jpg