Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131132133134135136137138139140141
Results 2,101 to 2,106 of 2106

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Loaded with energy sitting here with my thumb in my butt doing nothing its killing me 1am to much frost and moisture in the air to keep gluing away need to sand the next pieces wish i had thought it thru yesterdqy in the day time

Been up for a few hours and cant do jack all

Bugger

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Just prepped everything samded the second layer vacuumed the sheets and transom slot

Guys with 1 layer of 25mm Kaycel in there as it sits with me pushing and pulling on tge transom it doesnt even move and its not even glassed yet

Going by what im feeling right now this transom will be incredibly strong

Im in this transom rebuild 11 hours

2 days rain coming up i'll let the transom cure, kind of put to much glue in the transom gap big blobs squeezed out waste of resin and fumed silica but shes done

Looks like a shit job probably is but im not a boat builder..

After the rain comes and goes in the next two days i'll shape the top of the transom and tidy her up

As for getting the last kaycel on i resorted to a plank of plywood and a hammer had to bash the sheets in there than my hammer snapped shes in there toght tho

Looks ugly af at the moment gimme a couple of days to shape her and i'll post pics

I tried to do the best i could with one sheet so lets see how it comes out20200813_160426.jpg20200813_160415.jpg

The left and right top extended pieces look crappy but the idea was to bring my gunnels strait back to the transom and outline the gunnel shape right back to the very end filling the gap i cut in front of the splashwell it should look ok once cut

Got her cut to shape there is a lot of final trimming to be done, the top left and right caps are just rough cuts and will be trimmed, glued than sanded to final shape before glassing starts

Some parts are off on angles slightly just where my good jigsaws blade went blunt and i had to use another jig saw something to do with the blade flexing on one jogsawGOPR0010.jpgGOPR0011.jpg

Transom turned out much vetter than i had thought it looked a bit shitty at first like it was patched together it kind of was but now shes trimmed it all came together and looks nice

I am reassured now that this transom is strong now the glue has had a few days to cure when i push and pull on the transom it doesnt even flex 2mm it is so stiff and feels incredibly strong and its not even laminated

I was a bit unhappy the other day that i made my tollerances so tight i had to resort to a hammer to get the last two sheets in but now seeing how strong the transom is i put that down to the tight fit of the sheets

I reckon i could easily hang a 150hp v6 off this transom no worries

Jfyi when i finished that 47mm plywood transom pushing and pulling on it it moved about 4mm this foam core transom moves zero nothing at all

Today i hope the rain holds off i cant do any gluing because of predicted storms i need to leave the tarp off for 24 hours so the tarp dont stick to the curing glue so the plan is to bevel my transom outskirt lip for glassing than i'll jump in and use the planer to finish off my stringers

Heres a closer pic of transomGOPR0012.jpg