Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Don't know whether flow coat works over epoxy or not.

Hey Noel there is 13cm of tabbing from the plywood

My floor is now fully sealed i just need 1 more layer

gazza i think gel/flow coat is a poly resin just with pigment , dont think it will stick to your epoxy

Thanks Cat i'll go with the 2 pack paint and fleck

good stuff you have the floor down , it must be a bit of relief , a lot of hard work all that structual stuff out the way.

Yeah with the second transome ordeal i have really 9nly been working on the boat 1.5 years as it took me ayear just to do the demo and plywood transom so to be at this point im exhausted but the end is finally in sight its been a big battle

In saying im exhaused i reckon a few months break knowing i have finished and water tested the boat i will need some more mind stimulation so who kbows whats next

Worse tging for my mental health is not having anything to stimulate the mind, im a thinker and need projects

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Hey Noel flowcoat over epoxy resin does that work?

The glass was ran about 100mm from the plywood to the side than around 75mm up the side of the hull it just lookslike asmall amount asthe pictures are far back andnow the floor looks huge
    Try this Gazza

https://trojanfibreglass.com.au/prod...y/finish-coat/

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

...same problem....you shouldnt use a polyester based product on top of an epoxy based laminate,they wont bond well ..

The sheer strength of this epoxy resin went unscreen untill yesterday when i jumped inside the hull, standing facing forward my front left upper corner of the fuel tank compartment bareminimum plywood had a hairline crack in the plywood the crack was about 10-15mm running front to back of hull it wasfrom thesheer strength ofthe laminate shrinking the very first floorlaminate i done on the right side of the floor the laminate over lapped the center line but the corner was on the left side of the hull which the laminate ended about 150-200mm short the laminate shrimking had that much force in shrinking i am glad i got the left side of the floor laminated last night to even out the entire floor shrinkage

Epoxy is not meant to shrink only polyester shrinks but i guess my epoxy isin the cheap range i guess it does shrink too

Now my entire floor is laminated and shrunk that floor should be f... incredible strong and taught

I'll give the wholefloor a sand tonight after todays heat comes and goes i may even get another 1/4th a layer down

I now see with the epoxy shrinking why its important to glass an entire flooor in one go so it doesnt self tear and destruct

What i might do too im only one layer away of painting the floor, once my last floor laminate goes down i may start sanding the flowcoat off all my hull sides and up in my anchor locker to do one massive ass paint job the entire inner hull wall, floor and fuel tank compartment, going to need ashit load of 2 pack paint

Chain and ball left behind....

I have plenty to update lotsof work has been done to the boat so much as i have already tested the layout, i purchased a couple relaxn style non branded seats from bcf laid it all out in the boat i am absolutely stoked

Heaps and heaps of pictures, but im hessitant to post them

Boat is now ready for paint i am just installing some guneel braces...

You're back.....why not post pictures?

Hey Noel i seen your post in the deleted thread after i was banned, your a top bloke mate an absolute asset to this forum

In that thread i seen you and another member stand up for me but i seen afew other members put the boot in which was gutless as i was defenceless

I still dont know why i was banned i tried to contact phil/admin for a reason but got aerror on a count down that i had to wait 8,000 secondsto contact admin from a 10,000 second waiting time i just left

I wascoming back to remove all my threads, delete everything, i didnt want to be apart of aforum that doesnt need me as a contribuiting member

Just before i copped the ban i reported another member for abusing me... and i copped the ban

In th is forum i have been bullied and victimised racially but nothing gets done about that no one else gets banned

I cop a floggin in a thread while im banned so i cant reply or see it than the thread gets deleted before my ban is lifted

That is why i am very hessitant to post further progress pictures

Noel i tried to send u some update pictures in pm via a tinypic url, i believe u should see myI pictures as u have helped me hugely throughout the build