Page 66 of 233 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Yeah Cat been a while since i had sea legs 12 months since last outing and only been out 2 times in about 18 months i donno what is going on just not keen on fishing life is changing getting older... been that long since i've been in a boat and i have been deep in this hull for i donno maybe 18 months now or longer so to finally have something to stand on it almost feels shallow like the free board is not deep enough might just be a mirage... looking at the Bar Crusher specs i think they were 590mm mine is 670mm to 700mm but when your standing in the boat it just feels like u can fall out so easily

Its definatly going to need a really wide centre console i have been scoping out youtube for ideas on a console and 2 seat arrangement seen some really neat jobs on there in similar size boats..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Work should resume next week or there abouts to use up what DB cloth i have left unsure when shops close to order more i may have to wait untill after christmas

Went out to the boat with a home made sharpend aluminium scraper and tried to remove that top layer of paint im no paint professor but the top flaking layer is hard as if its 2 pack over gel coat and the gel coat is still shiny like it was never prepped just painted strait over, i am almost certain the top coat is 2 pack its hard and its brittle

Money is tighter than a budgies ass but if i can save hard i'll be looking at getting a set of these https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Boat-Sea...IAAOSwYL1dhCiJ

Failing that these will do

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-X-Prem...sAAOSwVvBdR~DS

Also just adding this in there guys i may be on a centrelink payment but several thousand of what has gone into the roughly $7500 spent on this project was money from a family member and not the government... without the 7.4k i got i wouldnt have been able to build the alloy trailer or buy the Mercury... just mentioning this as there may be one or two spitting the dummy

Just been told new people are moving in next door shortly... my boat is right next to there kitchen dinning room window bugger

Need to rethink the whole dust thing now, ....!

Anyone know where to buy dust bags that are a filter? I have a decent 150mm fan i can use to suck the dust away as i sand but need some sort of filter

If the boat is next to there kitchen window Gazz, introduce yourself, try to get on with them, learn what are there dinner times, make sure your workin on the boat at these times, "presto" free dinners !!!
    End result, you'll be saving some coin which you can put towards the boat.......
    Make sure you promise once the boat is done, that there will be some free fish comin there way ! You could be on a winner here Gaz.
    There's a positive to everything, just got to be optimistic

Col

Haha Col the last people that lived there were aussies we got a long with them quiet well than the son moved out and the father passed away sadly he was such a friendly man an old bloke from the country lightning ridge, nsw, the mother had mental issues and was moved to a smaller house so now we need to resettle in with who ever moves in next door we were told they were Asians and they make the best neighbours but than we were told someone else so will see

im going to have to buy some new tools like a grinder vacuum attachment and a attachment for the sander..... i have briefly thought about the spray painting but im still away off of that job but i did spend over $800 big ones on that new air compressor will be a shame if i have to roll and tip the boat

but in saying that now we are getting neighbours i hope it stops anyone from floggin my boats or anything else i own as im a sitting duck at the moment with a empty house next door anyone can walk into there yard any hour they like

We have suspected someone has been frequienting my backyard me and the person i live with are non smokers

Im not happy need to check my cctv from last night

Going to pick up a big ass vacuum filter now to put in the boatAttachment 120493

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    We have suspected someone has been frequienting my backyard me and the person i live with are non smokers

Im not happy need to check my cctv from last night

Going to pick up a big ass vacuum filter now to put in the boatAttachment 120493

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/White-Hi...AAAOSwOnBcmEoZ

i use one of these in sequence with a sawdust extractor with hepa bags

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/2643477582...iABEgLhkfD_BwE

lifes too short to be doing grinding with no decent collector

I picked up this tonight hose is about 20 meters long stretched out
    Latest video
    Attachment 120494

Hey Fella's on Friday i checked out insurance on the boat, engine and trailer i wont mention who i checked out in case they change there policy on how they give out insurance but i done the question form thingy and at the end it said it could not calculate the insurance and a rep would contact me soon, today was when i was contacted to say the insurance would be $440 a year for $12,000 insurance

sat down and calculated all my expenses that i could remember and it comes to just under $6500 there are other consumables i didn't really calculate like acetone, rags, sand paper, sanding disc, grinding dics, grinder sanding disc, electricity etc..

the insurance never asked me to get a inspection done by a shipwright or anything... but how do u put a price on your effort and actual physical work in the rebuild?

i will likely be in it around $8000 all done... a fibreglass repairer was going to charge $13500 to replace the stringers, floor and transom, do u think $12,000 is reasonable?

i have decided to keep everything boat, engine and trailer all separate untill the boat is fully insured than i'll put the boat on the aluminium trailer and put the engine on the boat in case it gets pinched before being insured harder for mongrels to take everything than

Had a bit of a google... i like vinyl wraps but they are expensive for pictured wraps but i looked into plan uv stable colours found one good for outdoors use 1500mm wide by 10 meters (comes in 5m next size 10m) thinking about putting a blue carbon mat finish vinyl on the sides with white trim top back and bottom and possibly painting my hull below water line with white antifoul so i can get the boat on the water a little quicker

Basically want to get the job done so i can water test the boat and see how it handles etc.. and do painting and sanding over the colder months i wont be fishing

Back on the boat in the morning fellas if im up, we have had quiet a few cools days in Sydney i missed all the cool weather to glass in

Hey Fella's on Friday i checked out insurance on the boat, engine and trailer i wont mention who i checked out in case they change there policy on how they give out insurance but i done the question form thingy and at the end it said it could not calculate the insurance and a rep would contact me soon, today was when i was contacted to say the insurance would be $440 a year for $12,000 insurance

sat down and calculated all my expenses that i could remember and it comes to just under $6500 there are other consumables i didn't really calculate like acetone, rags, sand paper, sanding disc, grinding dics, grinder sanding disc, electricity etc..

the insurance never asked me to get a inspection done by a shipwright or anything... but how do u put a price on your effort and actual physical work in the rebuild?

i will likely be in it around $8000 all done... a fibreglass repairer was going to charge $13500 to replace the stringers, floor and transom, do u think $12,000 is reasonable?

i have decided to keep everything boat, engine and trailer all separate untill the boat is fully insured than i'll put the boat on the aluminium trailer and put the engine on the boat in case it gets pinched before being insured harder for mongrels to take everything than
    It really is about what it's market value will be once completed - What would someone pay for it . You can insure it for an agreed value … you just need to work out what that is.

Your quote sounds really high ….. & if you went through NRMA it doesn't surprise me .
    The seajay I recently sold was insured for $34K & the monthly payments were $40 - I found a huge disparity between NRMA & Club Marine .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hey Chris i think the quote is just a one set quote for anything over a certain amount i found the same thing happend when i last insured a bike

I wss happy with the yearly insurance amount, do u think it will get cheaper if i shop around?

I went out and uncovered the boat about 10pm last night i set up two lights one 12v led strip and another 240v compact fluro 15watter than i started pulling up the floor to move it when i heard the neighbors come out, one yelled out 'do it in the ...... day' 15mins pass and he yells out to his girl friend 'call the police'

I made absolutely no noise the video is sped up but loudness of sound is unedited u could hear a mouse fart.. loudest noise was a plastic cup falling on the floor

There were no talking nothing... yet the drug addict neighbor didnt like me working on the boat at night

Only thing they can complain about was the smell of the acetone and what little smell of resin there is

They live across the road and 3 houses down yet still gotta kick up something..

Really liked glassing at night didnt even break a sweat, resin wasnt as thin as during the day in the sun but it wet out ok the resin also had a really good working time

Just have to wait and see if i get into trouble or if the cops show up if not i'll be back into it

Hey Chris i think the quote is just a one set quote for anything over a certain amount i found the same thing happend when i last insured a bike

I wss happy with the yearly insurance amount, do u think it will get cheaper if i shop around?

I would have thought that you would have been a fair bit lower than my $40/month ($34K) …… I would get a couple more quotes so you wont die wondering.
    I've pretty well used NRMA for most of the boats ( a previous stint with Club marine) - But when I bought my BC I decided to compare & I saved $20 /month ……. That made me look at the Seajay & that saved me $25 / month . My experiences with NRMA was pretty positive any time I needed to claim but it's not as if I've forgone anything by going to Club marine .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO