Page 68 of 233 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3493

Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Just took this pic to show u Noel there are probably millions of these cracks from the bow to sides of transom from the water line up and even the top hull cap has these cracks some the same size and some much larger, they all go as deep as the gelcoatAttachment 120545

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app
    Gazza I wouldn't worry to much about sanding the gelcoat off as it's not water proof either. That is why they use waterproof undercoat before anti-fouling below the water line. You are correct with sanding out the cracks all the way as there is no magic fix other then doing that.

Thanks Brett yeah i thought i had to sand them out big job but must be done

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Those tents are great for 12-24 hours they are absolutely crap for anything over a month i had one over my BMD boat lasted something like a couple months the canvas tore than i put a tarp over it that tore from the pitch in the roof cost me a few hundred bucks too

I will get one if i spray paint the boat need to break the wind i'll try get a huge fan and a carbon filter second hand to filter the 2 pack paint fumes so no complaints

that's unusual, my neighbour has one, and its been fine for well over a year!

I had one of these Eric https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kings-Po...8AAOSwojBdMB-G it was the canvas model i picked instead of the plastic tents

As for the build i may be going to look at a console later in the day not sure if it will look any good or if i should build one for my boat

This one needs a few holes repaired, if its still available i'll take a look probably needs about as much work as building one tho this console looks nice has nice shape

went and looked at that console and bought it for $50 a tad little actually a bit smaller than i thought it was, in my pics the console is lifted six inches so i may need to either extend the bottom or build a base for the console to sit on top of

i wasactually thinking about putting a walk in toilet inside the console

What do u guys think?

Make sure it will be high enough for you to drive standing up without having to stoop to reach the wheel. Apart from that Gazza, it's all about whether you are happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Make sure it will be high enough for you to drive standing up without having to stoop to reach the wheel. Apart from that Gazza, it's all about whether you are happy with it.
    Hey Scott its actually a bit high for me im about 1.67m tall the console i would estimate is about 90cm tall on its own about 115cm raised but feels a little tallish but without raising it it looks shit as the console is tiny

It's got to be practical rather than what it looks like Gaz,
    If that's the way you want to go, go for it, just remember what your end use is going to be, I need a bit of protection down here, me from the sun, plus when going out wide the cuddy is good protection...
    But for $50, if you dont use it, a good clean up and you'll make some coin on it no doubt.

Col

thats a good buy for $50, youve got the advantage in it being bare at the moment regarding fitout, install it at your preferred sitting or standing height, if you need it higher , knock up a base storage area, looks good actually with the console.

There are some guys on fb with the same boat thay looks outstanding one has a yamaha 4 stroke 225hp doing 55knots in open ocean... i didnt think the Caribbean Sea Camper could take such an engine but the video shows it hammering along

Not sure if i have permission to post these but here are a couple boats like the one i am rebuilding there was another one that had a 200hp yamaha 2 stroke

This one has the 225hp 4 stroke that does 55knAttachment 120560Attachment 120561Attachment 120562

I get the idea a few people on here want to see me fail with this build, i hope i dont and i hope i continue to want to work on the project...

Hopping to do more sanding today going to keep at port side of the hull and hopefully get yhe spider cracks sorted big job!

I have been looking at paint for quiet a while now well over 1 year i wanted to go 2 pack but i need to consider people around me and my pets with the over spray so i may likely shy away from the 2k paints due to it veing a carcinogen and i dont wanna roll it on

This paint https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/MARINE-PAI...&ul_noapp=true has been one that keeps poppibg up on gumtree and ebay they say its a 1 pack 1k paint can be sprayed and from there pictures can be sprayed below the water line

The plan is to orbital sand my hull (sides and top of hull for now) repair any big cracks and damages than put a coat of epoxy resin over the hull as a sealer than paint over the epoxy

Is this how u guys would aproach this?

After i sand the gelcoat off yhe plan is to buy a straight line sander and use a guide coat to flatten the existing fairing

Not surewhat is going on with my videos but some shots are disapearing from the camera on upload i took this video this afternoon but i sanded probably twice as much as the video shows, The gelcoat cracks i found to be some lighter than the main cracks, the one on the upper half of the sides goes right to the fairing but the bottom half of the side only goes about halfway deep so it is quiet a lot easier to sand

the top cap will be a nightmare to sand and refare take a look at the video at the damage