Page 56 of 233 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Not sure how these pics will come out, the cups in the back ground are only half of what i have used for this build lots of lost glue i'd rather get the glue down quickly than fuss about getting every bit from the cups and icing bagsAttachment 120205Attachment 120206Attachment 120207Attachment 120208

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Tonight set up the battery and led light out in the boat and finished off all my gluing man i absolutely love gluing its repetitive mix squeeze mix squeeze over and over but its relaxing and soothing a sense of satisfaction

Had polair come over while i was under the tarp they came back 20mins later but i had open up part of the tarp they flew over my neighbors house really low really slow while i was mixing up some glue... maybe thought i was doing somethonf bad..

Any how that is the stringers gluing done now i need to cut them downAttachment 120227Attachment 120228Attachment 120229Attachment 120230

Donno how to edit on the mobile app, that fried rice container was plain water thats what it looked like after i had wiped the amine blush and dust off the keel stringer that i had glued a couple months ago

If anyone is still alive on the forum lol put in a couple hours work today got out the planer and trimmed the stringers

Next stage i am skipping than coming back

So what i am doing next is i need to pick up 3 or 4 sheets of 12mm plywood and make my floor i have chosen to skip the fibreglassing of the stringers because i need to know i have the stringers cut properly to accept the floor before i finally glass them in

Boat is a absolute mess at the moment shit everywhere saw dust/chips galore about to go clean it

Just giving ya's a heads up on progress

Still watching with interest.

Vacuumed out the saw dust today picked up 4 vacuum full of sawdust thats 24 litres thought about keeping it for a glue mix but just chucked it in the bin, cleaned out all my mixing cups and done a good clean of the hull

Tomorrow if the weather is good i'll grind down any lumps in the fillets and i will get the bucket and sponge and wipe off the amine blush and just generally wipe down any dust throughout the hull

Thought about trying to reweld those spring hangers 50% are done with tig i am 100% happy with but my mig welds are poor no gas at the moment so was tossing up if to try stick weld but i may just be pissing in the wind.. i really should wait untill i get gas

Am tossing up weather to make a underfloor glass fuel tank would probably be time consuming.... was just thinking with 2 remote tanks on deck they may get in the way, once that floor is down its down

I'd be seriously considering an underfloor tank at this point. Even if you can't afford it now, find out what is available off the shelf, leave the appropriate sized coffin areas under the deck and you can always put it in later. The floor above the tank just becomes a fully glassed piece of ply that you sikka into place and cut the sikka down the track if you need to remove it.

How about make a storage compartment big enough to put tanks in, with a lift up lid?

I thought about doing that inside the casting deck but i am reconsidering building a casting deck

Really dont want to cut the main keel stringer down i want as much solid structure below the floor as possible, if i were to make the coffin the only.place would be under the console how would i get to the tanks to fill them if i did cut the keel stringer down?

Actually thinking about it now i have room in front of my bilge area i can coffin to accept 1-2 tanks

Do u think 2 of these on a Y hose would be ok https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Outboard...QAAOSwklBaoJKO i already have 1 brand new 25L Honda tank

Or possibly 1 of these https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Marine-O...gAAOxyJs5Rc5af i know guys on the forum are getting 2-2.5kms/L on modern 90hp 4 strokes but what would be the figure on my hull its so big? Do u think 40-50litres of fuel would be sufficent or should i look into something else?

I was recommended them Steve but i took a look nothing under $500 for 50+ litres seems quiet expensive

Im about to go hop in the boat and take some measurements i may buy 2x scepter 45 litre low profile tanks cost a little under $300 delivered i can use afterpay or zippay

At 5.7 metres Gazza, I would be thinking about 150 litres for a tank size. I have the same in mine and for big trips it's a bit light on. You don't want to limit your use through lack of fuel. You can half fill a bigger tank - can't get more into a smaller one. If you run two tanks you will need a tank selector tap.

Scott 150L in fuel is quiet getting up there that would be over $200 we usually head out in my boats and put in about 30-40L but we dont venture out much beyond a few k''s outside my mates have a 80L tank we fill up in a freedom sport 5.3m we head out a few k's in that but with my boat i would love to troll up and down the coast and head out to browns mountain but just not sure i can fork out $200 on fuel for the day, bait,tackle,ice,fuel for car a big day would be $300+

Just outside measuring it now the 45L scepter tanks are to tall to fit bugger

My bilge are i have
    Sides 180mm
    Centre depth 280mm
    Length 800mm

If i were to go under the console i will have

Sides 200mm
    Width 570mm
    Length 1200mm or more