Page 46 of 233 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Ran just checked i'm in it $1814.02 for the trailer build i still need

Few parts galvanized $ unsure
    Two special wheel disc hubs $240
    Two regular wheel hubs $50
    Lights $35
    Brake cable $ unsure
    Rated chain $ unsure
    Whinch post $200 drive on no winch
    Bunks treated pine 150x50mm 9 meters total $ unsure
    Bunk mounts
    Trailer spring hanger U bolts $60
    Registration about $250

Maybe a little bit.over budget i am over the whole diy fabricate my self stuff from steel and aluminium the whole drilling process is boring as however i am keen as to work on the boat

Gazza, a couple of options, you could always dig a big hole under the boat, concrete it in and set in two heavy wall but removable steel posts that go up and through the trailer and locks the trailer frame in place, add a protected locking device to the posts so it can't be removed unless you uses a grinder, which would make lots of noise. Most thieves would not bother trying to cut it, too much effort and trouble. Hard part would be work out how to make a locking device that only allows a key to unlock it but not easily cut with a 18V grinder, and also how to make the steel posts easily removable once it is unlocked.

It would also mean that you would have to park it in the same spot each time. If you ever move you could just dig out the concrete and fill in the hole.

If too much work, a simpler alternative would be a sensor switch with a big loud siren and a timer, not talking about a motion detector but one that detects if the boat trailer is actually being tilted up or down to hook it up to a vehicle. Just some thoughts.

why would some want to knock off a half built boat on a trailer that is falling apart

plenty of nice easier targets just sitting on peoples driveways as shown by how many get knocked off

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    Bump

And before you start Gazza....not having a go at you or your endeavours in particular. It's just starting to get a bit cringeworthy on several fronts.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah not to sure what i'm going to do, they would be silly to take it now thats what makes me think they were testing out the waters now for a future rip, maybe they think my camera's are dummy camera's? Or they are seeing if they got noticed this time...

Big boat is out the back with one savage mf american staffy the other one will expect a pat from the thiefs

There will be a camera pointing strait onto the gates when i get it up was ment to be today but was a little busy removing the pool of water in the hull, drying transom and fixing the tarp

I live in a well secluded location its kind of like a back street off a back street u wouldnt likely go down or even knew it was there unless u really looked so it leads me to believe these guys are the guys on facebook and gumtree asking for serial numbers
    My suburb is quiet big but in saying that if the drove around my area looking for my house and boat in front yard they could hit bingo within 5mins
    No one has asked for my address and never showed up all though one guy showed up for a etec part and was talking to me while looking sideways at my powerhead on the trailer in the front yard which i promptly put in the back yard
    I honestly think the older guy of the two men has been here atlease once before as he knew what to do by knocking one door before my house and two doors after

I have over $400 worth of gear inside the little boat too even my downrigger, i left a motorcycle carrier leaning up against the trailer over night to see if it would go missing its still there but i dont trust these guys one bit

They will be back i am almost 100% sure

Mate if you are that paranoid that something is a miss, get your cctv pictures and get down the COP shop and make a report yourself regarding trespassers. This will get you some piece of mind. Good luck but I’m sure you are overthinking things.

Keep up the good work you are doing

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

All good Shakey the boat out the front i was going to sell this winter for $1000 if they take it so be it i'll have them on camera and they wont make it far before the wheel falls off the bearings are bad on one side from my last trip to Port Kembla

the big boat is behind locked gates if they try take that now they will likely pull my whole fence down boat is 2.07cm wide my gate is around 2.20 meters wide an absolute shit fight to get it out so hopefully they make a racket anyhow the Merc isnt bolted on yet they have zero chance of taking that too

just hope its no one on this forum keeping tabs on my progress

was going to finish tabbing today but it looks very cloudy and a big storm may happen so no glassing today i can't afford any moisture in the air wetting the cloth before i lay it out so no work today

Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

just hope its no one on this forum keeping tabs on my progress
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Found scissors in my back yard, last night my fawn dog was barking at the side fence at 11:30pm we know someone has been freqiently going in our yard as i found 5 slices of bread on the other side of my oth r r fence 2 months ago...

Scissors are not rusted and handles freshy chewed by my blue staffy

I didnt mean any contributing members but rather anyone can view this build along from the general public without signing up

Don't quite understand why someone would leave bread in your yard, or scissors! but, one day I found a teapot in my yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Don't quite understand why someone would leave bread in your yard, or scissors! but, one day I found a teapot in my yard.
    Yours can be explained... particularly if the teapot was small... the people who left it wouldn't have been tall and they were probably drinking Guinness,

Noel we thought they may have been trying to steal the sogs for fighting about 4 months ago soneone had tied a garbage bag around my neighbors letter box i asked the neighbor if she done it she said no i asked if i could remove it, i seen it as a way of someone who fights pets to tag someones yard or house as to come steal there pets for dog fighting, the bread over the fence i was sitting in the toilet late one night i heard my blue staffy sooking as she is playful than i heard someone go 'shhhh shut up' i immediatly went out there looked over the fence as its only 4 meters from the toilet i seen 5 slices of bread on the ground one slice ripped up whoever it was was feeding my dogs to keep them quiet now i dont know there motive we have a brand new bike inside the house worth 14k with 400kms on it that is the only thing we think they want but its strange whoever it is keeps coming back

If your so paranoid about people from here casing you why then tell randoms on the Internet you have a 14k bike there

Messed up

People don’t go to all this drama they just take what they want
    You’re dogs would be gone if they want them

I lived near you all those suburbs have issues of theft drugs and shit bags

did you rub the pot, maybe i dream of jeanie was in their.

Be my luck for Aladdin to appear, not Genie (Barbara Eden) she was pretty hot in her day......