Page 45 of 233 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

First i thought they were thief's the cops were dropped off 3 doors around in the dead end street they went next door than my house than my other neighbour than the house after that than left the street the car that dropped them off had driven off a new model ford falcon, while they were at my house they looked at my small boats registration number its registered in my name this infuriates me, i pay for my s.... i do PPSR searches

u buy one bike and get f.... over by it being stolen u call the police to come pick it up and do the right thing by the law than they cling onto you like s... on carpet thinking everything u buy is stolen

Called the local area police station spoke with a general officer he said there were nothing on the computer he transferred me to detectives and they ran a search they were unable to tell me why the police came to my house

anyhow tonight i found what i thought was a great buy i have been looking for a alternative to the talcum glue mix as after 3 mixing 3x 300mls batches my wrist are hurting so i have been on the hunt for some cabosil or fumed silica been searching google for the cheapest prices i was even going to order a bag of West Systems 413 glue mix from New Zealand 10L bag over there is $45 same bag here is $100 but found this bloke on ebay selling cabosil by the 2L cup i bought 8 litres of this cabosil that should in turn give me 16 litres of glue mix 50/50 resin/cabosil

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2L-Cab-O...19.m1438.l2649

So were you home when the "detectives" were poking around? Did you go ask what was happening?

Matt

Matt that is classified shit really i aint giving out a peeps whistle from here on.... These guys were obviously scoping out my house to rip me off this video is going wide and far I'm posting it everywhere i bet they are planning on stealing my big hard top boat when its finished

Notice one MF looks thru my gate at the big boat than he goes on to look at my registration number possibly to see if the number would mirror into the gel coat if the stickers are removed, The second guy is like don't make it obvious to the younger guy as they walk past the letter box..

They are out to rip me off they may be members of this forum they may be members of my youtube channel or they could justbe locals that have been in my street

What the actual ####?

Did the cops say they were cops? Don't look like cops to me. Christ I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    Maybe funny to u but this is serious, What if they come here when my 65 year old mother is here by her self when she can barely hold her self up and walk?

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    What the actual ####?

Did the cops say they were cops? Don't look like cops to me. Christ I'm confused.
    CT around here u cannot tell the difference between a under cover cop and a heroin addict seriously.. They appeared to me as 2 detectives because they knocked on 4 doors they had IDcards and note books but later rewatching i seen the signs ie: they drive into my street miss 10 houses, pull up car drives off, one young charictor goes to walk down my driveway strait away a dead giveaway, than they look at my boats registration, They were in a new ford falcon which cops also drive

In Sydney u cannot tell the difference between a person using drugs for 10 years and a under cover cop they speak, walk, dress they even have missing teeth like a less fortunate person they look rough u honestly cannot tell the difference

yeah just undercover cops doing the rounds , checking out everyones shit, they be checking for stolen boats etc or any activitys , boat rebirthing in sydney is up their i believe from articles i read. if your worried about someone stealing your front yard boat , just let the tyres down as thats what they do in the nth beaches. its good that cctv, once i witnessed a sheila 3.00am in the morning trying to break into my work truck. how ya be she took off with the fire extinguisher.......... she must have had a hot box.

I have posted this in a few locations on FB and its on my youtube channel hopefully these two guys see the video of them selves and pull their heads in i mostly uploaded it to my youtube channel so i don't accidentally lose it from my hard drive and for later reference when my big boat is finished if it goes missing i can put a face to who took it or at lease a trace...

its all adding up now, you guys were telling me in my outboard thread that the people on gumtree and facebook asking for serial numbers were a organized criminals i rubbed it off and thought it were internet police scrolling thru the for sale section but now these guys might even be going as far as to writing there own receipts for the stuff i legitimately own before they knock it off

2 more camera's are going up tomorrow and i am going to reconsider my security of my assets, a bit hard to get the old girl in the front yard insured trailer is rooted and rotted no chance of insuring that and i just renewed my registration this morning too but boat is over 20 years old i was going to flog the smaller boat off this winter for cheap to pay some bills than i decided to keep it now i am sitting on the fence, if i were to sell the smaller boat would they take the big boat...

big boat is my biggest concern, someone that we know of only 3 days ago asked if my big boat were for sale coincidence? was an Aussie lady the guys in my video are Aussie...

can't have anything in this world other people just want to rip u off no matter how hard u saved for things even tho your pretty much got nothing to save from the beginning u make the most of what u have and it can all be taking away within a few moments

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    yeah just undercover cops doing the rounds , checking out everyones shit, they be checking for stolen boats etc or any activitys , boat rebirthing in sydney is up their i believe from articles i read. if your worried about someone stealing your front yard boat , just let the tyres down as thats what they do in the nth beaches. its good that cctv, once i witnessed a sheila 3.00am in the morning trying to break into my work truck. how ya be she took off with the fire extinguisher.......... she must have had a hot box.
    At first we had cheap cameras without night vision one night someone had lit my bin on fire and pranced around pointing at the camera just being a idiot we viewed the footage the next day and it was one of my nephews old frinds who was a alcoholic and he had a few wines that night once he realised he was busted he fessed up and appoligized

We than upgraded to some expensive night vision cameras off of ebay i had only set up 2 cameras they have been up 2 years now

Neighbour came down one day and we got into a full on blew ratty desease infested jail bird with hep c he busted my lip lucky i had it on cctv as proof i had to go thru 9 or 10 months of hiv and aids test had to get hep b immune shot and all lucky i came out of it ok no deseases but if i did catch something the cctv was there to back up any claims

We originally got cameras because someone at 3am flogged my nephews yamaha wr426f dirt bike out of the driveway i would be lost without that kind of security now tho

Next time go and front them. If concerned call the police yourself. What did they say to neighbours etc. get rego number.

In my experience these are not D’s or undercover cops.

Undercover cops do NOT walk around in daylight carrying folders and asking questions. These could be anyone,but I can assure you they are not undercover cops

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Ok i was home Shakey but i am a bit anti social i was on the laptop and heard the knock i let it go as i thought it was my nephew who knows what to do to get me to open the door so i sat waiting.. than i thought it may have been my nephews mates i wasnt to bothered but curosity got the better of me and i checked my cctv shortly after and seen these two guys

They are most def checking out my house none of my other neighbors answered they only knocked once they were at the other houses for 10 seconds before leaving they realized the last house they went to has cctv too but they only walked halfway down the driveway paused than left

Ausfish Platinum Member

Well, gazza, you've won the all-time epic thread award on this forum, I think. Some project. Reckoning you can do everything on the absolute cheap has it's drawbacks, I guess. The trailer project has to run second. I tried to find your original rant on how we were being "ripped off" with trailers, reckoned you could build one for 2k in aluminium. Designing from scratch always brings up issues--when I built my own, steel then galvanised, I just sized off the existing, went up in material thickness everywhere, and added a little bracing. Still took a while.
    I'll give you an A+ for persistence.

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    Well, gazza, you've won the all-time epic thread award on this forum, I think. Some project. Reckoning you can do everything on the absolute cheap has it's drawbacks, I guess. The trailer project has to run second. I tried to find your original rant on how we were being "ripped off" with trailers, reckoned you could build one for 2k in aluminium. Designing from scratch always brings up issues--when I built my own, steel then galvanised, I just sized off the existing, went up in material thickness everywhere, and added a little bracing. Still took a while.
    I'll give you an A+ for persistence.
    Hey Ran i tried mate but i think its ganna come in around $2800 registered equivilent is $5600 unless its a junk 5.2m single axle trailer they sell for just under $3000, i cant remember what im in it so far i think about $1800-$2000
    I did f... up a major flaw that was the bolts on the i beam instead of using U bolts i am actually pissed with the idea i went with
    My trailer would actually fit a 6 meter boat i built it a bit long because i want a ladder up front