Page 42 of 233 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    Post the MSDS.
    Under Chronic Effects: Causes Cancer, My biggest worry they say only eye protection and respirator with gloves and a suit but it causes cancer? surely u would need to spray it in a booth

https://www.norglass.com.au/products/weatherfast-gloss

Life causes cancer.

My understanding is that enamels are much safer than 2 packs as they cure differently. The issue with 2 pack is it catalyses with or gives off a chemical closely related to cyanide, which is why you can end up dead spraying it in confined spaces without the right PPE.This isn't gospel or advice so ring the norglass info line for the truth. They are very helpful.

If i can get some of this paint in Australia i will be happy with this guys out come check out that finish

With the weather we are having at the moment I hope the boat is well covered, the wind is ferocious, rain, and huge swell, there was a full scale helicopter/police/surf rescue going on in front of my place yesterday, seems someone saw a surfer go in the water, but not come out, called 000 and after about 3 hours the "missing" guy turned up to see what was going on, he got out of the water in a different place he got in, what a waste of effort, but then, you never know, swell is down to about 4-5m today.

A bit of swell. Damn upside down again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah boat is covered i think as one of my pets often bites the ropes over night it should be fine, i have a big 7.4x5.5 meter tarp over her but i do get a little leak in there it pools in the bilge all the plywood should be out of this area tho it leaks from the bow hatch the boat sits on a down hill and trailer wheels cant fit on the draiveway path to wide so a little water pools in one corner of the bow hatch and over flows i will go check soon to see how its going may have to jack the trailer up

Yeah shes leaking there is about 500mls in the bilge glad i drilled out that bung hole from 10mm to 28mm but still got some water in there not much i can do atm i will need to put another tarp up the front hopefully keep it all dry

I tried to roll and tip norglass in Qld summer. It sucked and I sanded it all off and got it sprayed. Might work better in the cooler climate.

Just got the leak fixed standing out in the rain i put another tarp over the bow i may need to cut the bow rail off completly so any rain runs down and off the tarps

CT My job will be a outdoors paint job so likely have bungs sticking to it but not to fussed just need a high gloss paint to mask over minor imperfections, i would be really happy if i got a finish likr that guy in the video using the Epifane paint

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    A bit of swell. Damn upside down again.
    Hard to tell how big that swell is but looks like the surfers would live it, a mate mentioned to me yesterday it was 6.5 meters off Botany Bay which is huge

Cant imagine the port kembla breakwall in this weather it would be insane

Yeah, the swell was gigantic yesterday, much better today, lots of surfers out, supposedly there was a wave recorded at 12m off Port Kembla, I got some nice Blackfish in Shellharbour Harbour during the big sea.

Wow 12 meters hs! If anyone is fishing that breakwall yesterday today they are insane, up here in Sydney we often hear on the news 'man swept off of rocks port kembla' i think of the breakwall strait away i have been down there in some bad weather but nobe of those hair rasing days where the waves go up and over the breakwall have seen some big sharks there under the lights at night most def not a place i want to go in the drink

Most of the people get washed in off the rocks at the bottom of Hill 60 at a place called Honeycomb Rocks, its a very popular spot, but quite flat and low, if a bigger wave comes, it just washes over the top, taking gear and people with it, but, yesterday the swell was really big, going right over the harbour Breakwall easy.

Ah yeah i have heard of hill 60 but never been there i only go to bass point at the PK breakwall hope guys have more sense to stay home with this weather, my tarp almost blew off last night with the strong wind

Anyone even contemplating taking a boat out or going fishing along the coast line is crazy

Noel i think u asked me the other week how did i jack up the boat i think i forgot to answer u? Sorry if i have missed anyone elses questions i dont do it intentionally

I put a 1600kg hydraulic car jack under the rear keel about 150mm in front of the transom i also had a scissor car jack under the bow at the flattest point just before the rise in keel, i had some scrap wood between the jacks and hull i juacked up the rear than i jacked up the front surprizingly the hull hull didnt flop in the middle it all held shape i think the gunnels held it all together my gunnel has a plywood core about 4mm thick with glass either side

I still didnt get that twist out of the hull its twisted back right side of hull about 8mm or less probably where i glassed in the transom without the hull on bunks i can live with it tho