Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Nah i left the hole open i thought one sided patch was ok so went a head and put the floor down, there is 1 layer of cloth sort of covering the hole from the inside

Should i lengthen the feathered area for more contact area?

I am doing kind of alot of ####ed up ways on this build seems like i am almost turning every wrong corner

N someone give me an idea what the boats worth or what a 19 foot vintage 1960-1970's era rough rebuilt hull is worth with my 90hp merc and aluminium trailer?

Its not for sale or sale porpous, im just curious as to price and what i should be asking the insurance company to cover me for

Im in it about 16k

I tried researching on gumtree but most of the CC's are 4.5-4.8 meters mines 5.7 meters so quiet a difference

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Ahh yeah bugger, i just searched boat works today the bloke said it can be done from one side but depends on the hole size and boats size, i guess its only a 25mm hole i may just need to watch it
    Gazza, that looks bigger than a 1” hole. Was it the old thru-hull transducer?

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Gazza, that looks bigger than a 1” hole. Was it the old thru-hull transducer?

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast
    Nah it was for the toilet pickup its a 25mm hole i have this one on the underside than i have another one on the left side of the hull no idea what the one on the side of the hull was for

Sadly today marks 2 years since i have had a fish, heres the port kembla snappers we caught i previously had the video set to private but i just made it public

From vauge memory 2 came on board 37cm and 42cm the one in the video was 37cm i caught absolute fa had to rerig 7 times

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...1&id=765484190

Can you cut an inspection hole to work from the inside then put a round cover over it? Those plastic screw off inspection ports are cheap.

I realised i fu here with this hole but i cringe at thinking i need to cut a hole in my floor

The guy that does boat works on youtube posted thisvideo on holes

You tube videos are a lot different to actually doing it yourself, especially as you will be working upside down.

I plan on wetting out the layers of cloth on a coles bag than wet the hull and stick x amount of layers on in one go than roll out the air

I cant imagine trying to lay on my back wetting out one layer and stickibg it on the hull at a time

The pre wetting out on a plastic bag seems a much easier idea i just really hope it works

Buy a high quality inspection port and put one in each side

Do it right fix it properly
    For someone so afraid of sinking why cut corners

Yep agree, there's all sizes available, if no one will ever walk on it, then the cheap ones will do fine, I just re-read most of the thread and can't see where you said you had not repaired the holes, but then, I can't see where you said you did either, I kind of thought it was obvious to do the inside first, but it's too late now.

So you are just going to slap some patch's on the bottom of the hull and then onsell the boat and import a decent one from the USA..?

You need to listen to the guys above..

Do it properly so some other poor sucker doesn't end up swimming home or worse...

Guysnah i really dont want to cut up my floor those hatcheswill look really out of place and bodged

The way im seeing it the sea wster can only push against the patch meaning push the patch against the hull so long as i prep it good and roll out the air really there shouldnt be anyway water could forcefully peel it off as its all force just pushing the laminate on harder

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Guysnah i really dont want to cut up my floor those hatcheswill look really out of place and bodged

The way im seeing it the sea wster can only push against the patch meaning push the patch against the hull so long as i prep it good and roll out the air really there shouldnt be anyway water could forcefully peel it off as its all force just pushing the laminate on harder
    your seeing it wrong

the whole hull flexes during use, trailering, launching retrieving and so on it isnt a rigid structure.
    the patches just peel off after de laminating