Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

I really dont like the look of side pockets its a lot more work too, while i was banned i asked elsewhere ifthe side pockrts were structual and needed everyone said there not structual

They are not structural, but are a great place to store long stuff like gaffs, paddles and the like, plus they kind of give the sides a bit of covering up, plus with a bit of thought could even include a hatch type thing to store stuff you want to keep dry, like phones, cay keys and wallets.

I donno i just like that real open spacey look and feel i was abit hesitant to add the braces but the sides of the hull were atiny bit flexable

I'd probably add pockets if it were winter but in this heat the gluing and wearing a mask is killing me at 36c

I just want to paint at this point but i still have work a head of me, glassing the braces than sanding everything its a lot of hard labourous and never ending work that im sure u know how it feels

If you don’t have pockets where do you put all of the Knick knacks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just get yourself a pair of cargo pants with the fifty pockets

Quote Originally Posted by Paul071978 View Post
    Just get yourself a pair of cargo pants with the fifty pockets
    Yeah that’ll work

A neighbor came down to complain i was using the grinder sanding for 15mins max ans before 7pm which is within council rules for a public holiday

Lucky i was working on the boat, mum was inside, had i answered the door on a australia day long weekend with being within the council rules that lady would have copped a ....... earful

She complained 2 days ago a s well just to her son but i over heard there loud voices (2 houses away)

Brackets glassed in and done now a huge ass sanding a mamoth job which will likely take 2-4 days than shes ready for paint

My gunnels are solid as now

https://ibb.co/gtFHcP5

https://ibb.co/xFbs3gt

https://ibb.co/YBHTn4P

https://ibb.co/fStQDr9

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    A neighbor came down to complain i was using the grinder sanding for 15mins max ans before 7pm which is within council rules for a public holiday

Lucky i was working on the boat, mum was inside, had i answered the door on a australia day long weekend with being within the council rules that lady would have copped a ....... earful

She complained 2 days ago a s well just to her son but i over heard there loud voices (2 houses away)
    Today isn’t a holiday not in Queensland anyway.

It’s Saturday today

Long weekend in NSW i assumed since its along weekend holiday i could only make noise to 7pm? I was done just before 7

Might be an issue kicking your toes on those bits sticking out into the floor area? I guess after a couple of kicks you will remember they are there?

Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post

Gazza. No public holiday until 26/1. As for noise, well you are inside the cutoff time, but you must consider your neighbours. Noise late afternoon early evening every day would eventually get on my nerves. Don’t forget you reside in a residential area, not an industrial area. You would not be aware of all nearby neighbours health problems but that noise could be disturbing them in some form or another.

If there was something being done that disturbed your mother, I’m quite sure you would react on her behalf.

Good luck with progress nearly there.

For my two cents worth, I wouldn’t be without side pockets in a boat, better than things rolling around the deck, or the deck being cluttered with numerous containers housing all your fishing gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

I donno guys i just dont want the extra work extra places to clean when dust and dirt buildsup in the pockets, i also have no way of getting another sheet of plywood home atm (still got yamaha on trailer)

It's your boat, do it as you please, but, I think long term, you will be glad you put side pockets in. How about only painting the floor section, using the boat and making the pockets later, then paint the sides? Cleaning a painted interior is not an issue, a hose does it in about 5 minutes.