Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Thanks guys for the seat base i have found a place with 60x3mm round tubing and a place with a bender to hire i have a half sheet of 4mm plate out the back i can make some side braces and seat bases weld it all together

The white paint i was going to get some black to make a grey for the inside but i do like that milky creamy look
    It won’t even really look creamy by itself, it’ll just be a nice white, personally I think the grey interior is an 80’s thing and will date the boat.

Hey guys for that little 380cca battery i bought about 6 months ago i received one of these chargers from ebay https://ibb.co/BPXr4jR i just hooked it up to that small battery it took a few minutes to calibrate now its showing my batterys charging settings

14.1v
    52% charged
    5.9amps charge rate

This thing is wicked, my old charger is a 20 year old arlec 4-8amp analog charger, this new one is a game changer

The white paint i was going to get some black to make a grey for the inside but i do like that milky creamy look

Did you just buy straight white tinter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. White paint but im looking for a colour additive

No. White paint but im looking for a colour additive
    You would probably be surprised how many different colours get added to make a certain colour.

I have 4 litres coming of white 2 pack i plan on adding either a black for light grey or off white tint im hopping the 4 litres does the whole inside of the hull including console i will be rolling it on too

Im hopping within a few days i can remove my tools from the hull and gurni the whole lot out

Bugger the northane bloke just replied to my email reguarding the tinter they said the northane paint doesnt accept tinters

So it looks like the boat is going to be white inside

Bugger the northane bloke just replied to my email reguarding the tinter they said the northane paint doesnt accept tinters

So it looks like the boat is going to be white inside
    That sounds a bit odd to me.

Good morning Garry,

Northane does not accept tinters, we use our own product for compatibility and make cust.om colours here.

Regards Breck

A drawing of a face

Description automatically generated

Short Logo

Norglass Paints & Specialty Finishes

www.norglass.com.au

Ph: 02 9708 2200 Fax: 02 9796 3069

Breck Stewart

gary@norglass.com.au

I have 4 litres coming of white 2 pack i plan on adding either a black for light grey or off white tint im hopping the 4 litres does the whole inside of the hull including console i will be rolling it on too

Im hopping within a few days i can remove my tools from the hull and gurni the whole lot out

Gazza , I usually mix a little Black and more Blue into the tin of white to make a soft grey. Black into white isnt that good a colour. See if you can find some small tins of paint and use them to make a mix if you cant find tinter. Often a paint shop will have small tins of mistint which they will sell cheaper. Also use a fleck. It takes that industrial look off the glass pattern (hides a multitude of sins)and also adds some grip.
    Mick
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

Cheers guys, Tug yeah i was going to fleck but have some questions about that, do u fleck while the base paint is still wet? Might be a problem if so trying to get a even coat throughout the hull as i cant walk on the wet white

My trailer should have working full functioning hydraulic brakes this afternoon

You could order a small tin of their paint in black/blue/yellow or whatever and add it to your white to your satisfaction. You will obviously need to add more paint into your white than tint but you will achieve what you want without having compatibility issues. Just a touch of black will actually make your white look whiter/brighter, try a touch of ochre to give that slightly aged/not so white look. To see what the finished look is just put a drop on a piece of clear (not the green tinted) glass and look on the reverse side and it will show you the dried finish, no need for hair dryers, an old painters trick. Showing my age there.

Thanks Digs, the paint is costing a lot of money $255 for 4 litres i really cant afford to do tests definatly cant afford the two paints to split i think the best option is to paint the hull white and fleck with offsetting colours

Is there not a dealer close by that stocks the same brand that can tint it for you?

To much messing around and my paint go missing if i need to leave it with someone