Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Gazza, don't mean to put a downer on your purchase but I suspect that the battery is stuffed. If it was 10-11V at the guys house and read 9.76V when you got home, it isn't holding the charge and I suspect that the guy charged it up before you came and it is rapidly discharging. I seriously doubt that it will charge up and keep holding a charge. I hope for your sake it will, but I doubt it, happy for your sake to be proven wrong.

All good Ed the seller said i could take it back within 1-2 days, i asked if he had charged the battery he didnt know what i meant so its possible he has just relied on the outboard to keep it charged

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Hey guys an update on the electric trailer mover she moves my boat awesome but my driveway has weeds going cross ways and mold so once the gen 2 mini mover hits the weeds and mold the wheel spins

On good clean concrete she pushed my boat a good 1.5 meters back and forth

The boat is now on the driveway

Time to roundup the weeds and pressure clean the concrete.

Yup i will need to gurni the mold, dirt, kill the weeds/grass the only thing i dont have is concrete up the middle of the driveway i had to use either side for the mover

The mover also doesnt work on concrete when its even the slightest bit damp a couple hours after it has rain

Great you got her moved Gazza,, you were a bot worried about the task..
    Where there's a will, there's a way mate....

Col

Yeah it was a mission Col took me 4 or 5 days, about 40 goes at the hand winch (come along) the final bit would have been tricky if that electric motor didnt work

Now i just need to book in a boat coder to come out and get this old girl registered

Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Yeah it was a mission Col took me 4 or 5 days, about 40 goes at the hand winch (come along) the final bit would have been tricky if that electric motor didnt work

Now i just need to book in a boat coder to come out and get this old girl registered

Gazza - why not save your money and get this boat finished before worrying about getting it registered. Registration won’t make it float.

Not having a dig at you, but to me it just seems you get your priorities mixed up at times.

Good luck and keep going.

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Gazza - why not save your money and get this boat finished before worrying about getting it registered. Registration won’t make it float.

Not having a dig at you, but to me it just seems you get your priorities mixed up at times.

Good luck and keep going.

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast
    I really should have gotten it registered from the beginning so there are no screw arounds rms dont have any records of registration and the boat has been coded already

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I really should have gotten it registered from the beginning so there are no screw arounds rms dont have any records of registration and the boat has been coded already

I don’t understand that reply? If you had an old car you were rebuilding you wouldn’t register it till it was finished. Otherwise you are paying out registration on something that is not getting used. Isn’t this the same. You are still a couple months away from the water. Why pay the money now?

I dont have the sellers address on the receipt

Im not sure if the boat coading agent will accept that

The bin has been put on the hull but has never been registered its not even on the rms system

Rms really pisses u around when u dont have everything they want

My biggest worry now is i cant register the boat, something i should have done from the beginning

Engine wont be going on the boat untill its registered

So what is the registration process. Do you have to take it to some sort of inspection?

Gazza, didn;t the boat have rego number stickers on it? They (the letter/number combo) are handed out by RMS or maritime so it would have been registered at some time, unless old mate just made a rego up with random letters and numbers.
    Isn;t this it?

image.png

Muzza

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    So what is the registration process. Do you have to take it to some sort of inspection?
    Hey Gunna a boat coad guy will come out reattach the rear bin than validate the bin for rms to rego the boat

Quote Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
    Gazza, didn;t the boat have rego number stickers on it? They (the letter/number combo) are handed out by RMS or maritime so it would have been registered at some time, unless old mate just made a rego up with random letters and numbers.
    Isn;t this it?

image.png

Muzza
    Hey Muzza not sure how u found that but that is indeed my boat, RMS couldnt find anything on the computer when i called, i done a REVS check when i bought it came up nothing at all i done a cheap gov.au ppsr search back when i bought it and again just the other day nothing comes up with my boat identification number

So i appreciate u finding that