Thread: Time for a sea change.

Time for a sea change.

After living on the gold coast for the past 46 years its time for a change...

The ol girl and I have bought a 53 acre property at baffle creek, 500m to flat rock boat ramp and 2k from rules beach....oh I cant wait till the 1st May.

What we have planned to do is set up a toilet/shower block and a camp kitchen on one of the flat cleared sections of the block and will open it for any fishos who "feel the need, the need to fish.". Having that much land there plenty of parking for Car/boat, Car/Caravan.
    There is also a 1 bedroom granny flat off from the main house that needs some TLC but will also become available as we progress with all we have planned.

Happy days for me..

cheers

Re: Time for a sea change.

Good luck on your new life, I would love to do something similar but I can't convince my boss to move.

Ever thought about getting a new boss??

Good luck on your move as well, my missus and I are also in the same situation, thinking about moving but won't be till next year. Looked up some places up your way but I think it is a bit too rural for us. As I said to my missus, if we don't do it soon we may end up being too old later on. Land is certainly cheap enough up that way but most are big properties, 40 to 150 plus acres, we are trying to downsize the amount of work we have to do maintain a property so looking for a much smaller property.

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    Ever thought about getting a new boss??
    Can't afford the one I've got let alone get another one.

Nice Wayne......

The Baffle area has so much to offer, from being a quiet place with no close neighbours, to a huge variety of fishing options. You can spend days, weeks , months exploring the Baffle Creek, Bottle Creek, close offshore reefs and certainly there is the hidden gem of Deepwater creek. Flat Rock itself is a favourite place of mine to toss out a livie and hang on The best thing is the size of the boat required to fish there... a 4mtr tinnie does the trick and certainly a kayak will increase the chance of good fish like Jack.

Then you have the annual Baffle Creek Raft races which you will be there in time for.... http://bafflecreekraftrace.org.au/

The drive from Baffle to Agnes via the Deepwater National Park track is a good drive, but 4 x 4 is a must...usually.

Entering Deepwater Creek from the mouth at Rules Beach via Kayak is a fishos dream...... more on this via pm.

Please keep us updated on the progress of this " sea-change ". And certainly post up about anything you require, as there are a few of us that pass your way...often.

Cheers LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 04-04-2018 at 11:16 AM. Reason: spelling
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post

The drive from Baffle to Agnes via the Deepwater National Park track is a good drive, but 4 x 4 is a must...usually.

Can confirm Wayno. Perhaps take the main road up to my place and take the bush track home

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post

Entering Deepwater Creek from the mouth at Rules Beach via Kayak is a fishos dream...... more on this via pm.

Feel free to cc me on this one Phil

LP,

We have been up the DNP track before so we know what thats like, .towed the boat up there last time we went to 1770.

Ill also be up there in time for the https://www.facebook.com/familyfishingfestival/ so need to do some recon on where the big jacks are...

Flat rock.....yep, pulled some jacks out of there before.

Ive never tried Deepwater creek, mainly concentrated on Baffle. Its just another part of my backyard that will need exploring.

Have two tinnies on hand, the 4.75 centre console 70hp yam and a 3.55, 6hp yam which will get used in my dam of will be the crabber.

Ive got the Barra and the prawns sorted, I know where they are it'll just be finding that little spot for the muddies.

Just looking down the track like most projects, plumbers, and a sparkie are the two main trades that we'll be needing.... oh and a gas fitter but the plumber does that???

The bit im not looking forward to is the packing and moving. hate that with a passion but hopefully it will be the last one ill ever make.

cheers for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    LP,

We have been up the DNP track before so we know what thats like, .towed the boat up there last time we went to 1770.

Ill also be up there in time for the https://www.facebook.com/familyfishingfestival/ so need to do some recon on where the big jacks are...

Flat rock.....yep, pulled some jacks out of there before.

Ive never tried Deepwater creek, mainly concentrated on Baffle. Its just another part of my backyard that will need exploring.

Have two tinnies on hand, the 4.75 centre console 70hp yam and a 3.55, 6hp yam which will get used in my dam of will be the crabber.

Ive got the Barra and the prawns sorted, I know where they are it'll just be finding that little spot for the muddies.

Just looking down the track like most projects, plumbers, and a sparkie are the two main trades that we'll be needing.... oh and a gas fitter but the plumber does that???

The bit im not looking forward to is the packing and moving. hate that with a passion but hopefully it will be the last one ill ever make.

cheers for the info.
    Wayno
    Just as a matter of interest, not all plumbers are licensed gas fitters.
    Bloody jealous
    All the best
    Shawn

Hey Wayno
    What is the latest with your move?
    Shawn
    PS Still jealous 😀😀😀

Mate, couple of loads to go but its all starting to make sense, just been sorting out the small shed (7mx6m) making room for everything.
    Until the big shed(9mx18m) get build (sept) a lot of STUFF is going in the three spare bedrooms.

Last night b4 the moon came up I walked outside and could not see my hand in front of my face..... its black out there but you really get a sense of how many stars are up there, and the milky way IS still there too.

Ill have to get some piccies of up there for yous

cheers

Looking forward to seeing the pics mate.
    Shawn