Thread: Basic live well plumbing

Basic live well plumbing

Hey all
    im building a live well into my boat and iv been looking for some basic plumbing info but not finding any can anyone point me in the right direction

cheers ian

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Basic live well plumbing

Try this https://flow-rite.com/marine/livewell-builder There is a link "LAUNCH the livewell builders guide" on the page. this will help a lot. And Flow rite sell all the hardware you will need.

Cheers mate , just had a look but the link on the websites not working I’ll have another look later

cheers

A bait tank is pretty simple, you just need to have it as big as practical, have a scoop to pick up water when moving, a pump to supply water when stopped, and a suitably sized overflow, plus the associated piping, I don't use a pump these days, just a plastic bucket full of fresh water now and then, but the choice is yours, you can have timers and all sorts of stuff if you like.

Shouldnt be anything too complicated , about to sort one out myself for keeping live mullet supply handy. I would have a pickup pump for when on the pick or stopped , a pickup with an isolator for when on the move and keep the fresh supply to the tank ongoing . I would keep fresh supply of water ongoing one way or another as stop that fresh supply and if you have a few mullet or livies in the tank you will lose some from lack of fresh airated water consistancy.

I had a spray wand set up which aerated the top 1 cm of the tank, livies didn’t last very long, re jigged it so fresh water comes in from the bottom overflow at the top , works much better now...

While you're laying out the pipe work you can fit a T diverter valve and install a deckwash hose if you like.
    Handy for washing down blood off the deck and goonga off the bait board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ausfish Platinum Member

here is that Flow-rite livewell builder link again, should work this time. https://flow-rite.com/files/flash/systembuilder.html

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw307 View Post
    Cheers mate , just had a look but the link on the websites not working I’ll have another look later

cheers
    Need to look at it on a laptop, won’t work on a mobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁