Thread: boat license

boat license

OK we will be moving to Q.L.D Hervey Bay area before the end of the year and as I'm from N.T. we do not need a license here to operate boat.
    Planning to buy a new barcrusher and wanting info please on how to get a license and can i do it online .

Cheers in Advance
    Shut up and fish

Re: boat license

Just do a course with a RTO. There will be one in Hervey bay for sure. If not there is one in Bundy.

Since there is a practical component you cannot complete the course on-line

Awesome guys thanks heaps .
    Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish

Ausfish Silver Member

you get your licence for life here in qld, a mate told me a while ago in nsw he had to renew it each year, if things aint changed since then, but yeah a easy practical course then go pay for it at transport and your on your way mate..
    ill be somewhere up the creek, happy trails..

Spend 6 hours at a course, with maybe 30 mins in an actual boat. (figure of eight, docking, Mob ) Pay the course fee, pay the fee to get it added to your driving license ( 106 ). Learn the particular qld rules for when the water police pull you over.

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/boa...s/recreational

one of the many trainers

http://www.boatlicensing.com.au/

My kids got their boat and jetski licenses after watching a 15 minute you-tube and then rocking up.
    Stacer 525 easyrider - 115 DI. Bayside Brissy

& consider getting jetski license at same time, extra cost to do test & extra 15min practical, but once you have it (in Qld, like boat license) you have it for life for free.
    Transire vinus forticulus

Ausfish Silver Member

had a look the other day, about $171.00 for practical test with various companies who do the test, most are close or around that price, then i think it was about $106.65, for licence fee as said once test is complete and im sure there are plenty of companies who do it at harvey bay, simply take your certificate to any qld transport office pay your $106 and they issue your licence. as tj says its for life so nearly as good as nt with no licence, you only pay once..
    ill be somewhere up the creek, happy trails..

Bugger i just renewed my car/bike license for 10 years and the chick didn't add on my boat license now i have to renew boat license every 1-3 years

N.T has Australia's biggest population of people in there 20's or 30's i heard i can imagine it might get quiet hectic up there with no licenses to drive boats? that's crazy