Thread: Wellington Point Fishing in an Allycraft 425 Reelmate.

Wellington Point Fishing in an Allycraft 425 Reelmate.

Hi All,
    i have just moved from Redland Bay to Capalaba. I used to fish and crab around coochiemudlo, Macleay and the southern Bay islands launching from Victoria point.

i was wondering if anyone could suggest some spots to fish and crab in my Allycraft 425 Reelmate around the Wellington Point area.

i am looking forward to having a look around the area.

Thanks for your time.
    Scott

Re: Wellington Point Fishing in an Allycraft 425 Reelmate.

Cleveland great for sandies. In your boat you will easily get to Harry’s and the rainbow channel on decent days. They have been fishing reasonably well lately. Could be a good snapper season

Thanks mate, my mate and I will have a go when he has an RDO after all the Easter crowds have quietened down.

Have a good Easter.

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

There is reef all around wello, good for fishing and sandies. Don't have to go more than 5 minutes from the ramp.

Hi Scott Ashe,

Good to see you're still fishing and crabbing. Some good areas worth exploring as the other guys suggested. I too have moved from Eagleby (Acreage) to Crestmead (Suburbia), what a contrast. Recovering from surgery to left ulna nerve and carpel tunnel release. Catch up some time down the track.

Have a great Easter holiday break

Bondy

Hi Peter, yes m still around however I haven't been getting out as much as I'd like. My boat is still going well and I have had a couple of trips to Darwin to visit a good mate over the years and of course to fish there.

I have also been to Fraser Island with my uncle twice and we caught a few nice feeds of Tailor.
    hope you have a good recovery from your surgery.
    cheers.

Hi Scott, Good to hear you managed to get up North end. Darwin would be interesting , bit too humid for me though. Would be a good location for a feed of Tailor, any greenbacks ?

Thanks Scott, hope you manage to get more time on the briney.
    Cheers