Thread: Is this the worst ever weather for Moreton Bay and surrounds?

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Is this the worst ever weather for Moreton Bay and surrounds?

I swear I haven't seen the winds more persistent or "blowy" than the last month or so!

Either a stinking Sou' Easter or Nor' Easter all up around 15-25 knots!

In my old deceased Whitley Cruisemaster I could handle that but in my new Surtees 495 Tinny it's just plain murder being out there! Bang! Bang! Crash! Thump!

Add to that there appears a distinct shortage of whiting in the southern part of the Bay and I'm down to snagging skinny bream of my Raby Bay pontoon!

Impossible getting out to the Sandies so crabbing has been pretty poor!
    Have to wait and make a killing in Winter I guess, hope, pray ......................

Re: Is this the worst ever weather for Moreton Bay and surrounds?

I haven't been able to get out nearly as much as I'd have liked our expected this summer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkPanther View Post
    I swear I haven't seen the winds more persistent or "blowy" than the last month or so!

Either a stinking Sou' Easter or Nor' Easter all up around 15-25 knots!

In my old deceased Whitley Cruisemaster I could handle that but in my new Surtees 495 Tinny it's just plain murder being out there! Bang! Bang! Crash! Thump!

Add to that there appears a distinct shortage of whiting in the southern part of the Bay and I'm down to snagging skinny bream of my Raby Bay pontoon!

Impossible getting out to the Sandies so crabbing has been pretty poor!
    Have to wait and make a killing in Winter I guess, hope, pray ......................

Drag it up to the passage and smash flathead

I was at Hutchies in a mates 4.3 meter side console on Monday and conditions were great until around midday. My back is still a bit sore from the run back to Comby. Inside the bay was flat as I have seen it for years. Weekends have not been pretty. Boats can handled conditions allot worse than what the owners can (or want to) tolerate, especially as the owners age a bit (I'm talking about me there!)...
    Therapy..

I'll probably have to put the boat batteries on charge, two months of waiting for everything to be right and still hopeless. There have been small windows of opportunity, but as Therapy has found there doesnt seem to be a long break of a few days without wind, so you take a punt and put up with it when it sours . At least you gave it a shot. Last time i got as far as reversing up to the boat.. check the weather and that's as far as it got. Mowed the grass and logged into Netflix instead.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app