Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new " One Cast "

Re: The new " One Cast "

definetly looks the perfect allrounder, creeks dams inshore offshore, rivers ...did the trim tabs come standard with the sale ? once again the console itself is well thought out and good size screen too, to provide some shelter and those 140 suzuki seem to be very popular i see many around at the moment on craft. Any pleasant things you noticed straight away on test driving your new boat.

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    definetly looks the perfect allrounder, creeks dams inshore offshore, rivers ...did the trim tabs come standard with the sale ? once again the console itself is well thought out and good size screen too, to provide some shelter and those 140 suzuki seem to be very popular i see many around at the moment on craft. Any pleasant things you noticed straight away on test driving your new boat.
    I dont know if I will be fishing the barra dams with her - but it certainly could be used up the larger creeks. North Qld will continue to be a focus of my holiday trips but it will be based around reef fishing .
    The boat came with as you see it -
    HDS12 Sounder , Duel Battery 105amp Gels for the MinnKota (I have my own minn kota) , Hella marine spot lights & deck flood light , extra Hella LEDs under the gunnel , Lectro Tabs , GME VHF , Fusion stereo , 125lt Ice box seat . self priming deck wash (a cracker)

First up - I need to learn how to drive the thing ...... this is my first boat with trim tabs . The Suzuki will take a bit of getting used to as it's a bit more touchy on the throttle than Yamaha's .
    The sea manners of the boat looks to be pretty good - there was around 1.5m of swell and a bit of wind around at Coffs Harbour on Sat but the boat didn't bang running at 4500rpm (40km/hr) - it was good with a following sea & running across the swell was good with the use of trim tabs.
    The boat was quite dry ..... I copped a little spray in the face on a couple of occasions over the windscreen when running side on to swell & wind - but not much ( I'll probably add some clears with zippers at some stage)
    Stability was excellent - stop that boat & the hull fills and you settle down nicely
    very wide gunnels make for a good place to park your butt when fishing over the side.
    folding Back step / seat is great & makes it easier to enter & exit the boat - also keeps the batteries & battery switches / vsr out of the weather

What I dont like ....... #1 & I knew of it ..... Hull noise (bloop , plop ,ploppity plop) - it's no stealth boat
    Lectro Tabs retract once you stop the motor ...... & it is loud ( yet again - no stealth) you need to hit both trim tab buttons to stop it .

In general - it's a great looking boat ( many comments at the ramp / servo etc) - lots of room , good storage under the console , side pockets & dry lockable storage up front . I like the floodable kill tank - it will take a meter plus fish (several)

Towing was excellent though my fuel consumption was up - however I did tow with the T Top up .....
    It will be a good boat though

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hi Nagg,
    It certainly looks better than mine - 2003 Cuddy cab 610 (the original BC) now with a 150 Merc. much better than the original 140 Suzi (IMHO). Anyway once you use the tabs a few times you should find them so useful especially correcting leaning into the wind .
    Bit weird they turn off with motor mine are powered thru a dedicated supply switch, so I turn them on / off as required (I installed my mine myself). You do get used to the bloop plop after a while, although I do remember a few years back shoving a towel over the hole in the anchor well, I don't bother any more. You are right about the stability , great ! Does your kill tank have a extra bung to drain into the sump ? it's a mod I read about years ago but haven't done to mine,
    So that you can empty it with the pump while at rest.
    Anyway if your ever in Cairns let me know.
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frank100 View Post
    Hi Nagg,
    It certainly looks better than mine - 2003 Cuddy cab 610 (the original BC) now with a 150 Merc. much better than the original 140 Suzi (IMHO). Anyway once you use the tabs a few times you should find them so useful especially correcting leaning into the wind .
    Bit weird they turn off with motor mine are powered thru a dedicated supply switch, so I turn them on / off as required (I installed my mine myself). You do get used to the bloop plop after a while, although I do remember a few years back shoving a towel over the hole in the anchor well, I don't bother any more. You are right about the stability , great ! Does your kill tank have a extra bung to drain into the sump ? it's a mod I read about years ago but haven't done to mine,
    So that you can empty it with the pump while at rest.
    Anyway if your ever in Cairns let me know.
    Frank
    Hi Frank

Yes the kill tank has two bungs .... drain off into the sump for a pump out or into the hull

Even the few hrs I had on the water , I got to appreciate the benefit of trim tabs .....

Bloop bloop pop bloop ....... they should have filled the hull with urathane foam

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Hi Frank

Yes the kill tank has two bungs .... drain off into the sump for a pump out or into the hull

Even the few hrs I had on the water , I got to appreciate the benefit of trim tabs .....

Bloop bloop pop bloop ....... they should have filled the hull with urathane foam

Chris
    Wait until you sleep in it first night is the worst the next night you are to tired to worry about it
    I probably should try locking the bar flap of next time might make it a bit quieter even when you’re fishing will have to give it a try over Easter

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Nagg
    Thanks mate, I might think about the extra bung. To date I have always emptied once up on the plane.
    Frank

Aeroplane toilets are very cramped....

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Green View Post
    Wait until you sleep in it first night is the worst the next night you are to tired to worry about it
    I probably should try locking the bar flap of next time might make it a bit quieter even when you’re fishing will have to give it a try over Easter

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    Hopefully next weekend I'll do an overnighter ........ might have to take some earplugs
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Officially 01 CAST (N)

So today she is officially 01 CAST N .... 01 CASTN.jpg
    A little tinkering already with rod / gaff holders added under the gunnels - A cockpit light & the addition of a Lowrance Point 1 GPS antenna for the HDS 12 touch .
    A Second HDS 12 will be added once the heavy duty RAM mount arrives

Coming together nicely & off for a couple of days fishing Thurs / Fri

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO