Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Build Advice

Re: New Build Advice

Waeco cfx 50 or something similar in plastic is whats in the plan atm. Going to make my own slide in the build like a filing cabinet draw, following a bit of research and some advice from here I have sourced a pair of these suckers in 750mm, should be the goods I think https://www.gsf-promounts.com/ultio-...ium-stainless/.

Quote Originally Posted by Out-Station View Post
    Thanks all, Chris 225 big block yammy, 70 amps of output, probably should consider saving the money on the solar and put it in to a third battery and let the motor do the work. Scott
    No keep the solar panel. You're only keeping close to 70 amps when reving the tits of the engine. Panel with give you at least 50% of its rated power all day every day.

agree with chris. yes let motor charge everything, but if you got the space for a panel, its a bonus.

G'day all, on the solar went and saw the local battery system experts today. Being mindful of above advice, budget, weight and keeping things minimalist I think I've got at least an initial way forward in my head. 2 batteries, 1 big arse crank and the other a big arse agm (140 amps), the type that doesn't mind the odd start for emergency purposes (I've never turned the emergency switch in my 25 years of boating). Run ignition only on the crank and everything else on the agm. Charge the AGM with suitable sized dc/dc from crank/alternator side and have the two also emergency crossable. Depending on how this works for me I recon I've at least got the right bones and I can add either a third battery, a panel or both if needed in future. Thanks everyone