Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Barcrusher opions

Re: Barcrusher opions

Owned a 610xs for 6 years. Get out off Cairns whenever the weather is good. Innitialy found the boat wet but dropped the motor 1 hole and made a huge improvement and no noticable loss of performance. Tube mating is the way to go for the floor.

After much deliberation ...... I've decided to go with a traditional Center console configuration - Barcrusher 615WR . the 675 is such a big boat ..... too big for my place (with 2 boats) . Living down in Sydney & with plans to hit SA to target their big snapper the added protection of a larger console is a bit of a no brainer ......... so here I am going full circle but just bigger than my original 5.35 Quintrex reef raider that I bought back in 94 .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Barcrusher Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Short Fuse View Post
    Hi Chris. For an alternative, take a look at Aluminium Longboats Australia based at Tingalpa here in Brisbane. I am currently looking at one of these as the replacement of my Stessl Angler. They do a centre console longboat in either 6.8 metres or 7.1 metres length and are a really well made product. Grant (Moonlighter) and I did a visit to the factory late last year to take a look over the 6.8m he was building at the time.

The 7.1 runs with either a 115 or 130hp four stroke, 5mm bottom, transom and pod, 4mm sides and 3mm sealed deck. Has a 180 litre aluminium underfloor fuel tank and all sealed compartments underfloor have survey foam in them. It weighs around 900kg fully loaded. The 6.8m has a 140 litre poly underfloor fuel tank.

The only reason I have not ordered mine yet is that my local council is making life difficult trying to get approvals to do some modifications to existing structures to be able to get the boat into the back yard.

If you want to have a look at the 7.1 metre boat in action, take a look on Youtube at Yippykiyay m.f. Adventures. Jason is based in Mount Isa and does long range trips in the gulf from Karumba. Last year he did a Weipa to the tip trip in his boat. If you are looking at a rear centre console type boat, then this one is well worth taking a look at. Also, I think you will find it very well priced against many of the better known brands. I will also state that I have no affiliation with the builder, I'm just a potential customer.

Cheers

Jeff
    Prety sure that was the one I fitted a 150 Honda too, the owner runs a resort in nuginea. had a bit of a run to get supplies. Looked a well built boat
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

The centre console in the 615wr is a beauty, hardtop t-top is stylish and like the wide gunnels typical of the barcrusher/surtees origin. i reckon we will start to see more of these at the ramps in the coming years.

Nice, another 6m CC with T-top in the ranks. Good choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 552Evo View Post
    Nice, another 6m CC with T-top in the ranks. Good choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CCs just rock for fish-ability ( I dont think I would ever own a cabin boat ...... maybe a center cab ) I looked at a couple of centercabs (stessel & formosa) you just lost too much room ..... not even the space to put the esky up front
    ......... the folding barcrusher T top seems pretty functional - specially with rocket launcher / forward facing spot lights & rearward flood lights will work a treat . It will also have the sliding extension for the T top giving a bit more shade.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO