Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barcrusher opions

Re: Barcrusher opions

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    whats wrong with the 5.0 barramaster? looks to be a very capable boat.
    When I bought it - I was living in Qld where my preferred fishing was lure casting for barra ...... so it was dams , rivers , creeks with the odd long run up Curtis Is , Hinchinbrook - so for that it was ideal .
    These days living in Sydney I'm asking it to punch well above it's weight ...... offshore . It can do it in reasonable conditions but when you get caught out in bad weather & sloppy seas you want a more substantial boat under you . I still use it for lurefishing but to a lesser extent .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

just watching a video on the xs series, gotta say id prefer one over the cabin model, looks like everything in its right place,room to move and custom trailer.the only drawback i can see is the sunlight bouncing of the shiny floor. need some good polaroid glasses.

just watching a video on the xs series, gotta say id prefer one over the cabin model, looks like everything in its right place,room to move and custom trailer.the only drawback i can see is the sunlight bouncing of the shiny floor. need some good polaroid glasses.
    The shiny floor is great bit of blood on it hit it with the deck wash and she is all clean until the next one

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

I've never liked the look of a barcrusher ..... bloody ugly if you ask me - Then I saw the baby XS when I popped out to the local dealer last weekend ...... "Hello baby!" That got my attention real quick & I quickly asked do they do something bigger . Later this month Blakes Marine will have a 615XS to have a look at which I'm keen to see.
    The solution for the shiny floor is to go with the $580 tube matting option ....... easy to lift up and clean the floor

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I have owned a Bar crusher, it was one of the first 620C delivered in QLD- which is now marketed as possibly their 670C. Wonderful boat, it didnt have the ballast system that could be locked in. I regularly fished Agnes waters in the boat with 3 POB with plenty of gear. The boat performed amazingly in a following sea, i found i could trim tab down and motor up and glide down and over swell. I always dreaded punching straight into swell but slight beam on it was great. The boat performed amazing for what it was, if you want more info pm me or gimme a call - would require an essay to run you through it... I do now own a glacier bay cat and will never look back unless we want to talk about fuel usage (just on 1:1 at 42 km/h) and maintenance costs.

fishing crew have never been happier to make the switch- after they got used to the "cat walk"

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I've never liked the look of a barcrusher ..... bloody ugly if you ask me - Then I saw the baby XS when I popped out to the local dealer last weekend ...... "Hello baby!" That got my attention real quick & I quickly asked do they do something bigger . Later this month Blakes Marine will have a 615XS to have a look at which I'm keen to see.
    The solution for the shiny floor is to go with the $580 tube matting option ....... easy to lift up and clean the floor

Chris
    Another solution for the floor is to ask the factory to paint it (they can)... then possibly put some seadeck down. That tube matting stinks.

Re: Barcrusher Opinions

The floor is fine really I am always barefoot on it it doesn’t bother me either that or I have spent to many years in western Queensland swinging off a welder and the body has become dead to the feel of heat

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

yeah i would be asking if i were to buy , throw in some proper flooring as i dont wont my eyes to be burnt out and my bare feet to cook, fair enough easy to clean but couldnt they finish it off in a matt color, the xs series looks sharp to me where as the bar crusher looks blunt because of that cuddy cab front.

yeah i would be asking if i were to buy , throw in some proper flooring as i dont wont my eyes to be burnt out and my bare feet to cook, fair enough easy to clean but couldnt they finish it off in a matt color, the xs series looks sharp to me where as the bar crusher looks blunt because of that cuddy cab front.
    It’s like that so when you cover it in blood, bait and guts it’s easy to wash off how many pro boats do you see with matting or carpet it’s a fishing boat first family boat second

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Green View Post
    The floor is fine really I am always barefoot on it it doesn’t bother me either that or I have spent to many years in western Queensland swinging off a welder and the body has become dead to the feel of heat

Checker plate gives you sore feet .... the tube matting is much more gooder
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Matting is fine just makes it a bit harder to keep clean when you’re out there for a few days with blood and stuff getting spattered over it
    Don’t worry I understand what you are looking for the rear console makes it perfect if you’re heading up a river you can stack all your gear in front of the console instead of clambering over it to get to your lines if you’re trolling or anchored up I can definitely see the plus’s in that layout

I called into the dealer again today ...... glad I did

They had the baby XS (535) parked alongside a 615WR (centre console)

The difference is massive ...... Barcrusher don't consider their sub 575s as offshore boats ...... & seeing these two beside each other was chalk and cheese . So much deeper in the hull and a much more significant boat . The 615WR is the same hull as the XS ..... just the console & seating is different . I have to say the WR was an impressive boat - Big console but specially cool with the delux flip over twin seat ( nice touch with 2 x sliding draws in the back) .Seat.jpg

So seeing the 615 & just what a substantial boat it is ........ the 670 will be massive & not real practical to be casting for bream around the oyster racks ...... it will be a serious offshore boat .

Chris

PS - One thing I did discover is that while they have a fully welded floor ..... they are not a self draining deck ( sub 7m range) They have a sump & 2000 Gal / hr bilge pump ..... that was a surprise .
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I called into the dealer again today ...... glad I did

They had the baby XS (535) parked alongside a 615WR (centre console)

The difference is massive ...... Barcrusher don't consider their sub 575s as offshore boats ...... & seeing these two beside each other was chalk and cheese . So much deeper in the hull and a much more significant boat . The 615WR is the same hull as the XS ..... just the console & seating is different . I have to say the WR was an impressive boat - Big console but specially cool with the delux flip over twin seat ( nice touch with 2 x sliding draws in the back) .Seat.jpg

So seeing the 615 & just what a substantial boat it is ........ the 670 will be massive & not real practical to be casting for bream around the oyster racks ...... it will be a serious offshore boat .

Chris

PS - One thing I did discover is that while they have a fully welded floor ..... they are not a self draining deck ( sub 7m range) They have a sump & 2000 Gal / hr bilge pump ..... that was a surprise .
    Probably would not be that hard putting scuppers into it the way the deck is set up

Actually just got back home and realised you can’t do that
    The 730 onwards are self draining because the floor is higher from memory