Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barcrusher opions

Re: Barcrusher opions

ive always wondered, how a smooth bottom plate hull gets traction in sloppy conditions, no planing strakes to get grip, lift and break surface tension of the water, i do like the idea of rear centre console.

Why do you want a rear console? seems a kind of odd configuration to me, 90% of your fishing is done from the back, and a rear console cuts this space down to practically nothing, not knocking your plan in any way shape or form, just curious about the intended use, nothing more!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliduck View Post
    Do a search of boats for sale & buy the brand that has the least. Lot's of barcrushers for sale, not many AMM's. Must be an indication of what owners think.
    More likely to do with the amount made than owners offloading, kind of like saying you see more Commodores for sale than Ferrari's! Now if there was a number that sell and get another brand, that might be something (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by spud477 View Post
    Wet wet wet I was in a side console and it wasn’t really that choppy and it was like someone throwing buckets of water at you my stacer outlaw is drier
    Dont worry Spud ..... I own a side console & got extremely wet on Sunday when a big southerly hit Sydney .

Having owned a Quintrex CC previously - I know what I am in for ........ I just need to pick the best hull design .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by perko View Post
    Mate, give glass a go. Hooker, galeforce, bonito or a yank import.
    Perko - Glass will never be on my radar ..... sorry
    A big part of my boating is done on my own ....... often I dont have the civility of a nice marina / pontoon launch or someone to hold the boat when some dick goes past flat strap and your boat gets pounded on the shore etc . Additionally I do a lot of camping trips where the boat is run up on the shore ..... often around rocks . Finally this boat will end up on long range road trips - probably Weipa/ NT (from Sydney) .
    My fishing preferences & ambitions are not the domain of a pretty glass boat .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Heliduck View Post
    Do a search of boats for sale & buy the brand that has the least. Lot's of barcrushers for sale, not many AMM's. Must be an indication of what owners think.
    AMM are a true custom boat builder with a limited range ...... just exactly how many do they build a year ? - you could say the same about Cairns Custom Craft . The other thing is that a builder like Bar crusher are sold as a complete package .... & a lot of boaters want that turn key option (I dont) Dont worry demand is high for Barcrushers.
    AMM are actually at the top of my list & I will be going out to Brendale when I'm in Brisbane next month (actually I just want their offroad trailer ) - I'll also go and see Formosa .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Why do you want a rear console? seems a kind of odd configuration to me, 90% of your fishing is done from the back, and a rear console cuts this space down to practically nothing, not knocking your plan in any way shape or form, just curious about the intended use, nothing more!
    Hi Noel ..... That's a good question

Fishing wise ..... It depends how far back the console is . In a smaller version it would be tight down the transom but on the larger models you would have over a meter behind the drivers seat which is plenty of room to fish the corners .
    It also allows me a larger cast deck with more usable storage . This boat will still be used for lure casting
    Rear consoles ride a bit softer than a CC ...... from my experience of a couple . The trade off is visibility at lower speeds & possibly a bit wetter .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    More likely to do with the amount made than owners offloading, kind of like saying you see more Commodores for sale than Ferrari's! Now if there was a number that sell and get another brand, that might be something (maybe)
    A mate of mine who is into the game fishing scene knows of blokes who have owned multiples of Barcrushers ..... one is about to buy his 4th ( pilot house style). These are hardcore marlin / tuna fishoes.
    It does boil down to how many are made / sold ........ no point comparing a company that might build 2 or 3 boats a week Vs one that builds 20 or 30

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hi Nagg
    I a Glass man myself but regularly fish with a mate who has a 670c , as far as ali boats go i do rate it , but they are expensive for what you get.

rides well and is excellent to fish from, they can throw some spray at times but i have found they need to be trimmed differently to my glass rig so there is a learning curve with them to get the best ride , i just cant stand the noise the ballast chamber makes at rest. hull is sharp and has no strakes so engine torque and prop lift is critical to the hulls performance in my opinion. need to run them with speed and very level so tabs are mandatory and weight distribution needs thought when setting up the layout.

overall to fish from it is very comfortable and the hull performance is good and worth looking at ( no boat is perfect) ((except mine ))

have fished from a rear centre console and if i was going to an open boat that would be my pick of layout as well.

good luck with the boat - options are half the fun.

BigE

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Hi Nagg
    I a Glass man myself but regularly fish with a mate who has a 670c , as far as ali boats go i do rate it , but they are expensive for what you get.

rides well and is excellent to fish from, they can throw some spray at times but i have found they need to be trimmed differently to my glass rig so there is a learning curve with them to get the best ride , i just cant stand the noise the ballast chamber makes at rest. hull is sharp and has no strakes so engine torque and prop lift is critical to the hulls performance in my opinion. need to run them with speed and very level so tabs are mandatory and weight distribution needs thought when setting up the layout.

overall to fish from it is very comfortable and the hull performance is good and worth looking at ( no boat is perfect) ((except mine ))

have fished from a rear centre console and if i was going to an open boat that would be my pick of layout as well.

good luck with the boat - options are half the fun.

BigE
    thanks for the feedback
    I have been warned that trim tabs are a must ..... $2100 option

Im actually horrified at the added costs from the dealer ..... so much so that I have asked for a quote with no added fruit .... like sounders etc.

agree on the bloop bloop noise ..... kind of makes you want to fill it with urathane foam.

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ausfish Platinum Member

Turn key packages are great, just roll out of the showroom with the new boat on the back.. But you do pay a premium. Look at the cost of those options, then break it down into the actual components, and you will see how much you are being charged to fit them. In some cases, value, in others, no way. You will, of course,(or should) have full warranty on everything on the hull.Premium paid for peace of mind?

if you haven't noticed, I'm going a different way with my new boat. There is a thread here http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...eef-Runner-6-4 Caribbean dealers are quite happy to sell you a very basic, or even bare package, whereas someone like Cruisecraft are very tightly integrated, shipping only completed boats as far as I can see, and it is reflected in the price. I'm saving a considerable amount of money on this, and I'm not talking just a couple of grand , --it would have been beyond my budget to have a dealer do it all, as I have seen the quoted prices per item. The dealer is doing stuff like instal the trim tabs ($1300 total, Bennets) , the rear swim platform and boarding ladder to go with cutting in the transom door, fitting the overhead hatches in the hardtop, and reinforcing the hardtop to take the outriggers. I'm doing all the wiring, battery instals, electronics, transducers, both transom and thru hull, seawater intakes and pumps, plumbing the livewell, remote spotlight, anchor winch, under-and-over deck lights. I shopped around and was lucky to score the motor of my choice at a considerable discount, with an extra thrown in--the rest of it was just shopping assiduously and collecting. The motor will be hung and commissioned by an authorised dealer, so no issues there. And I also get the satisfaction of knowing it was done right--the electrics will be something to take a picture of, not hide behind a panel.
    I don't know whether BarCrusher dealers would let you do that level of work, or whether you would even want to.

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    Turn key packages are great, just roll out of the showroom with the new boat on the back.. But you do pay a premium. Look at the cost of those options, then break it down into the actual components, and you will see how much you are being charged to fit them. In some cases, value, in others, no way. You will, of course,(or should) have full warranty on everything on the hull.Premium paid for peace of mind?

if you haven't noticed, I'm going a different way with my new boat. There is a thread here http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...eef-Runner-6-4 Caribbean dealers are quite happy to sell you a very basic, or even bare package, whereas someone like Cruisecraft are very tightly integrated, shipping only completed boats as far as I can see, and it is reflected in the price. I'm saving a considerable amount of money on this, and I'm not talking just a couple of grand , --it would have been beyond my budget to have a dealer do it all, as I have seen the quoted prices per item. The dealer is doing stuff like instal the trim tabs ($1300 total, Bennets) , the rear swim platform and boarding ladder to go with cutting in the transom door, fitting the overhead hatches in the hardtop, and reinforcing the hardtop to take the outriggers. I'm doing all the wiring, battery instals, electronics, transducers, both transom and thru hull, seawater intakes and pumps, plumbing the livewell, remote spotlight, anchor winch, under-and-over deck lights. I shopped around and was lucky to score the motor of my choice at a considerable discount, with an extra thrown in--the rest of it was just shopping assiduously and collecting. The motor will be hung and commissioned by an authorised dealer, so no issues there. And I also get the satisfaction of knowing it was done right--the electrics will be something to take a picture of, not hide behind a panel.
    I don't know whether BarCrusher dealers would let you do that level of work, or whether you would even want to.
    I certainly don’t want a lot of the high priced fruit that they want to add .... I want to choose my sounders etc .... and I will pay a lot less for them. Even when it came to switches .... I would like to send them the panels that I prefer (blue sea) which are much better and last longer. if a dealer doesn’t want to get with the program then I won’t be buying. I certainly won’t be fitting the preferred motor that the local barCrusher dealer sell ...etecs or Suzuki ......and I told them that. I may even go down to Melbourne and go direct as I believe that there is no dealers in Melbourne.

ah the fun and games of buying a new boat

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

See if you can find a nearby Stacer dealer that might have one of their plate consoles in stock, Sea Ranger I think the model is, I saw one at my local ramp on Sunday, and the console is mounted way back, not suggesting you buy one, but it might be an option to actually get in one and look around to give you an idea on size and so on.

whats wrong with the 5.0 barramaster? looks to be a very capable boat.

Probably nothing, but the first post indicates 6-7m