Thread: Offshore Stradbroke 3 March 18

Offshore Stradbroke 3 March 18

Headed out for the first time in quite a while today.

Left Cleveland at 5am and went through the southern channel which was very calm.
    Didn't plan on going out the southern channel but is was so calm we couldn't resist.
    This put us more south than what we had planned for so a quick change of plan sore us fishing just east of flat rock,
    we started heading north fishing lots of old spots we already had on the GPS with no luck, we only seemed to come across other anglers with the same plan. The current was pushing us just under 3km/h but it seemed we were flying along. So much so that I even lost a rod out of a holder when it got snagged on the drift, well there goes a Tyrnos 20 and a live fibre rod. With braid about $800 bucks worth so not happy about that, though it gave the guys something to take the piss out of me for the rest of the day

Due to the current fishing 70m was a nightmare with only float-lining rods available now, so headed south back to flat rock and the 1 mile. It was much slower down there and we were getting a lot more bites. Ended up with only 3 keepers of tusk fish but enjoyed the day out with the guys and gave me an opportunity to try out the new transducer which worked flawlessly. Anyone else get out there and get any results?

Re: Offshore Stradbroke 3 March 18

Thanks for the report

I got out today to the beacons but didn't do any good. Picked up a few squid on the way home so not a total loss.

From a couple of chats others had a tough time also.

Re: Offshore Stradbroke 3 March 18

Nice report almako thanks . I went straight to flat rock first up the water was really blue I was float lining
    with a size 2 ball sinker hardly any current I was there till about 9am got a 7kg green jobby and some tuskies
    then went to the cathedrals and got some 45cm snappy but the water was horribly dirty
    happy days ahead summer is coming