Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know of a place that sell 10" tyres in Sydney?

Anyone know of a place that sell 10" tyres in Sydney?

Hey guys looking to get the trailer registered but i am finding it an absolute mission to find 4.50-10" tyres in Sydney let alone anyone than can change them

does anyone know of a cheap place that sells complete wheels even built in hub type that i can order online?

so far i have called 5 tyre places and no one can order in 4.50-10" tyres

Re: Anyone know of a place that sell 10" tyres in Sydney?

10" is a pretty common size, all old Minis were 10", most tyre services should be able to get them overnight, and decent boat shops might even have them too, or at least order the complete setup,

You wouldn't believe it i called 5 shops including two big named shops including Kmart tyres, only one of the smaller shops could get in the tyres at $130 each tyre which i can't afford that kind of price

They are $77 + $5 delivery on ebay but i can't even find a shop willing to fit them

Gazza,

maybe ring some trailer manufacturers(box and boat) and see if they can source some or direct you to someone who can help

Cheers
    Muz

Allied Fabrications at Beenleigh qld. they do freight
    $67 tyre and tube
    $107 gal rim tyre and tube
    $137 integral rim tyre and tube also hvve alloy rim ht stud Patten
    Check local trailer parts mobs they should also have them on their websites Allied prices are hard to beat.
    Cheers
    Ray

Get the ebay ones & fit them yourself, I can't say I've ever fitted a tyre by hand but I've seen it done few times & it didn't look very hard to me.
    I watched a very old mate (75 Yrs) do 2 a couple of years ago and he didn't break a sweat.
    There would be plenty on youtube showing how to do it properly.

Hello Gazza,
    I went through this exercise in 2015.
    Finally found a properly load rated tyre at a place that sell wheels and castors here at the GC.
    Not cheap but proper load rated.
    Watch out for mini tyres as they may not have an adequate load rating.

I don't think load rating is going to be a problem with a small tinny with a 25 on the back, any boat shop can get them, as far as fitting, I can't imagine any tyre service not doing it, they can be fitted at home, it's not exactly difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Hey guys looking to get the trailer registered but i am finding it an absolute mission to find 4.50-10" tyres in Sydney let alone anyone than can change them

does anyone know of a cheap place that sells complete wheels even built in hub type that i can order online?

so far i have called 5 tyre places and no one can order in 4.50-10" tyres
    Mate, try Velox (http://www.velox.com.au/products.html#boattrailer) they make 10" boat trailer wheels

Also try Roadrunner - (29 Mount Erin Road, Campbelltown 2560 Ph (02) 4626 2649) who Velox recommend for tyres for their wheels.

10 inch rims will be ancient so put a tube in as well
    last time I bought some years ago they were 120ish fitted have to pay something for the shops time to fit them

Gazza Top tyres Are tyre importers suppliers In the 3 eastern stats They may not sell to you but will have them & can tell you where you can buy them They also have a large range of rims That tyre in a 6 ply rating should cost you about $80.00 new Phone top tyres 125 Cowpasture road Wetherill park Sydney NSW 0297563335 Cheers COL

Thanks guys these are aluminium rims so not just anyone can throw a spoon on them unfortunately, does anyone know if 4.50x10 is the same size as 145R10? i cannot work out the imperial to metric or however they do it, found a shop who stocks the 145R10 for $88 fitted and local but they don't know how to do the calculation from 4.50x10

i picked up a set of used wheels and rims yesterday but my hubs on a spare axle are big in diameter for the rear of the 6x9" wheels bugger! $95 down the drain

The early 600x9 rims had a small lip on the inside and only fitted early Holden hubs, the later ones are just flat on the back and fit both size hubs.

4.50 X 10 6Ply is 4 1/2" wide & 498 Mm high Load rating 400Kg speed rating 130 km/h 145/ 80R 10 Passenger tyre is 145 Mm wide & 486Mm high Load rating 325Kg speed rating 180 km/h

Ok thanks, So what i have to do is source some early model holden hubs? wouldnt the early holden hubs and later model or have different stud pattern?

are HT Holden Hubs the ones i need? the 6x9" wheels fit my hubs but as Noel mentioned there is that lip on the back inside of the rims stopping it