Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know of a place that sell 10" tyres in Sydney?

Re: Anyone know of a place that sell 10" tyres in Sydney?

Ht is a bigger hub Suits the 14" rims You need hubs from HR back witch were all 13" wheels

I measured the wheels the space on the back centre is around 144mm i measured my hubs they are 155 some where around those measurements couldn't fit the caliper in there so used a tape measure

looks like ARK sell a HT140 and a HT150 hub but here's the surprize the the new wheels are second hand and have very tiny hairline cracks only around the most outter edge of the tyres do u think they will pass rego?

seem's this boat just does not want to be registered lol must have been cursed by my cousin ex wife lol

i marked the cracks with a yellow line but seems its tiny as and u can barely see it

Unless you are going to push it to the ramp by hand I wouldn't risk it - even more so if the trailer will see any distance or speed while towing. I have had two trailer tyres blow now due to age - one of my own with no visible cracking at highway speed and one on a company trailer that let go at 60kph that still had a heap of tread but had cracks similar to yours. It's never convenient when it happens

HT and the earlier Holden's had the same stud pattern, but the HT had a bigger and thicker hub (as you found out) the later 600x9 wheels didn't have that lip on the inside to accommodate the bigger hubs, my trailer has got a mix of hubs and wheels which makes it impossible to swap them around, thankfully though, my spare in a flat one, so it fits all hubs.

Yeah I thought so now I am back to square one bugger worst case I think I may try fit those ebay tyres me self

Also make certain you have the correct nuts to suit your rims otherwise they work loose and you will lose the wheel whilst going down the highway.. Some alloy wheels need a different angle on the cone of the nut.. Fitting the tyre on the rim is easy with a decent rubber mallet and plenty of detergent but if you are going tubeless you will need a decent compressor to pop the tyre on the rim.
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    Also make certain you have the correct nuts to suit your rims otherwise they work loose and you will lose the wheel whilst going down the highway.. Some alloy wheels need a different angle on the cone of the nut.. Fitting the tyre on the rim is easy with a decent rubber mallet and plenty of detergent but if you are going tubeless you will need a decent compressor to pop the tyre on the rim.
    Cheers
    Ray

I had this happen already we were travelling along the M5 motorway in sydney towards the airport one wheel decided it wanted freedom so off it came at 80kph than it though it was an aerial acrobat performer in a circus doing a balancing act along the wall just out side of the M5 tunnel going north bound lucky it decided to roll back onto the motorway as it was a 30 foot drop to cars below, the police showed up in 2mins and blocked off the motor way it was embarrassing haha