Thread: Good reasonable price bait.

Good reasonable price bait.

The time has come again to but some new QF Pillies and my favourite place is quoting me $95 for 15 kg's. I won't name them because they have always looked after me in the past after some bad experiences with Luc's. I can't believe the price now. There is only 1 consolation that because it blows so much now I don't often don't get out to lose a few pilchards. Some how that just doesn't' make me feel better.
    So where do I go guys? I can buy a carton and a few cartons of squid. can I deal directly with Tweed Bait? Or do you need a larger purchase?

Thanks to those who respond.

Re: Good reasonable price bait.

Sorry Guys I want to buy some not but them

Where are you located

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Cant believe I am getting so vague. Coopers Plains. Work at Macgregor.

Good reasonable price bait.

I was going to recommend Leisure Coast Bait and Tackle at Corrimal, NSW.

He does pilchards in a brine that last very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Pacific Harvest bait at bli bli was $72 for 15kg the other week. their bait has always been top quality when i have purchased from them.

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Off subject a bit I know but ..... as you don't want to waste any............. for twenty years I have always defrosted the block first, lay them between stacks of newspapers til they dry out somewhat..... cover them liberally in pool salt (cheap stuff) ....... after about 15 minutes thereabouts shake off the excess salt (not all of it) lay them nicely in zippy bags or Tupperware, pour in enough olive oil to coat them ...... chuck 'em in the freezer and they will last almost indefinitely! Plus they go nice and tough so they won't fall of the hooks and the fish love them!