Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.5m Tinnie- What's hot and what's not.

4.5m Tinnie- What's hot and what's not.

I'm after a 4.5m +/- tinnie but the number of brands/models out there's making my head spin. I've limited experience in the tinnie market so would like advise on what brands to avoid and what stands out in terms of build quality and resale, ie the two extreme end of the scale. On paper, they all look fairly similar to me. Do they mostly come out of the same Telwater factory? PM me if you're not comfortable commenting here in public, I don't want to start a war. Thanks.
    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. ~John Steinbeck

Re: 4.5m Tinnie- What's hot and what's not.

Have a look at the Stessco catcher series, I have the 4.29 but ive seen the 4.5 metre model, I did lots of homework before I bought, the stessco seemed to have much more space for fishing and after 3 years I think its the best around still...

Tiller steer, runabout, side console or centre console?

Side Console. I'm just trying to narrow down to a few makes with best reputation, customer service, build quality and resale.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Tiller steer, runabout, side console or centre console?
    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. ~John Steinbeck

Very happy with my Clark Dominator

for side console pressed tinny i dont think you can beat the quintrex topender. the milennium hull diverts the spray which i think is important in a side console and gives a good ride for a pressed tinny. great floor, transom, excellent resale.

Having spent a LOT of time on the same issue over the years I'm very impressed by Blue Fin 4.5 Colt for build quality, ride and room.. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

To give you an idea on beam my 4.5 Blue Fin is on the left, Blue Fin 4.2 Mangrove Jack on right and Quintrex 3.75 in the middle.

I have added a LOT of weight to the rig and it just fishes so well with 3 blokes.

Cheers

Wow the 3.75 looks like a bathtub compared to the other 2. Problem with tiller steer is that there's way too much weight at the back and you've got to add tons of rock/sand at the bow to keep it down especially with 1 POB. At high speeds it can be downright scary. Is that a 12V MK? How does it perform on your rig with 3 POB?
    Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    To give you an idea on beam my 4.5 Blue Fin is on the left, Blue Fin 4.2 Mangrove Jack on right and Quintrex 3.75 in the middle.

I have added a LOT of weight to the rig and it just fishes so well with 3 blokes.

Cheers

Seajay will have a boat that fits your needs

Excellent build & design .... offer a great level of customisation that you wont get out of a Telwater boat
    Certainly solidly built

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Gimme the 4.5 and the 4.2 both have 3mm bottom and 2mm sides with a lot of ribs. Mine is an 04 and you would never know it.

Mine has 25l of fuel under the front cast deck, a 130amp hour AGM forward of that (also under casting deck...heaps of room) and a 55lb IPilot.

Goes hard. One up very well balanced. The 55lb ipilot (new model) holds the boat with full fuel, 2 batteries (100ah in rear and 25 litres in rear) 3 guys and all fishing gear easily in spotlock in solid 10knots and fast current. I'm a big fan.

M8 have a look here. My 4.5 with 2 heavy blokes at rear and lighter POB up front being pursued by the 4.3 Mangrove Jack.

Cheers

hi mate , certainly looks beamy, what are we talking nearly 2 metre wide ?, both the blue fins have those foils on the leg outboard, just to cope with the extra gear i suppose..looks the goods.

This is my 4.5 mt bluefin predator I have had it since 2004 ,it’s done 1000 hrs and travelled 14000 Klms according to the gps . It’s been a great boat and has caught heaps of fish and never let me down , Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Hi m8. Cheers. I took the fins off mine recently for 3 days at Monduran and it made no change to boat trim and it planed very quickly. Maybe planing speed is 5kph higher without it on...not much in it. Cheers
    Ps Beam 2150. Cheers

Allycraft that i bought off Funchy, very beamy a heavy boat & a dry one, love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images