Thread: Cape Moreton 10-02-2018

Cape Moreton 10-02-2018

Howdy All,

We hit the water at 3.30am Saturday morning and made a beeline for the containers. The weather inside the bay was beautiful, once we passed the headland... it was a different story. Where the F*** did that swell come from!?!

Regardless we pushed on and dropped some baits on a few marks around the containers that produced 4 nice pearls (biggest 55cm average around 45cm) and 1 snapper (62cm). The swell unfortunately turned me a bit green and sent me from cabin to transom a few times to spew. first time i have been sick on a boat in 10 years! Ended up pushing through and dropping a few jigs for 1 Amberjack, no real size. I am confident that if we persisted, we would have bagged.. it was firing.

Once again, plenty of good shows on brennans but couldn't be bothered dropping a micro, by this point i was pretty warn out (oddly all the boats where at yellow patch? not sure what was happening there).

we found our best Pearlies in 130m with the Amberjack taken in 90m. Lots of good fish around! anyone interested in micro jigging should be tackling brennans or hendersons next time the weather plays the game, i know i will be.

Hopefully everyone got onto a few fish!

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Re: Cape Moreton 10-02-2018

Good report, shame about the weather but good to see you still got a few nice fish.
    Never fished the containers before, a long way to wind up!

Yeah mate, Bloody long way to get baited. but well worth the trouble if you put the hours in.

Ausfish Bronze Member willfraser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey mate is it hard to get a mark for the containers

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Hendersons is in the Green Zone. I'm not a cop, just thought it worth mentioning....

It was indeed shite early on. We watched several boats punch out through Amity - all and sundry making large plumes of spray before heading up to the middle channel. Fishing down south was tough - tally at the end of the day was an even dozen mixed bag of snaps and parrot with one lonely pearly for good measure and one decent snap lost to the taxman - the bite didn't even have any visible radius so a pretty sizeable taxman at that.

Quote Originally Posted by willfraser View Post
    Hey mate is it hard to get a mark for the containers

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    you can find them will on the net but they do get hit hard these days and if a few boats a fishing it just scares them off. Have found that they aren’t always there and if you don’t have other marks in the vicinity it is a bit of a ways out of your way to get nothing much. But then as above you can pull some nice fish off it if current is low.
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"