Thread: Prawn cast nets

Prawn cast nets

Do the top pocket nets just have the Chain/Led weights sewn straight to the bottom of the net, no pockets or anything.

cheers
    w

Re: Prawn cast nets

You can get them either way.
    If you're getting one for targeting prawns, I would bother with bottom pockets.

I have an old top and bottom pocket one, but the weights and about 18in up got ripped one night chasing bait. I was thinkin just to cut it off even and sew the weights back on.

yes I know the weight line it will have to be shorter...

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Yes that's right, top pocket nets just have the top pocket and the weight is atatched to the bottom of the net.
    If you re-attach the weights to your torn net without the bottom pocket you will have a top pocket net, although it will be shortened.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson4300 View Post
    Yes that's right, top pocket nets just have the top pocket and the weight is atatched to the bottom of the net.
    If you re-attach the weights to your torn net without the bottom pocket you will have a top pocket net, although it will be shortened.
    As long as you still have the selvedge (the white material) that still on the bottom of net, otherwise just sewing chain direct to monofilament wont last long