Thread: Tournament Bluewater 2000

Tournament Bluewater 2000

Hi, Just looking for some feedback from owners of tournament bluewater 2000s gen2 on ride/offshore hull behaviour, fuel usages of differing engine set ups and any customizations you have made that have made your boat more fishable.

I have been trying to find a second hand 2000 with a 4st and tube seat set up for over a year but no luck. Most have etecs so thinking I might have to make a compromise. Any one out there have one they might want to sell also please let me know, will be a cash buyer.

Cheers

Re: Tournament Bluewater 2000

Mate this guy has been trying to sell his for years:https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/d...=0&pss=Premium

I used to have one with a 200HP etec. Think it was pushing it around 88km/h. I didn't have it for long though. I loved the cabin, that was probably the best bit.

I thought the ride was good/decent until I went over this same waterway with a 5M Vsea (Seafarer) and I felt the Vsea handled it really well for a smaller boat. I Bought a 6M Seafarer Victory and haven't looked back.

No trim tabs and no stainless targa on that one Budge! Would need to get him down a lot for what it is.

I am selling the same hull 2014 model tournament 2100 walkaround with a 175 Suzuki ___570hrs___
    its in the classifieds on here and also just been put on Boatsales.. the cockpit padding and clears need redoing but will sell for a very good price if I don’t have to pay the $1500 to repair them...
    stainless targa,trim tabs,t/h transducer 2 x 7inch sounders https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/d...=0&pss=Premium
    feel free to give me a call has full bunks they don’t need repair
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Thanks Oceanic Dave. Have seen that one but agree with Rob needs a lot of dollars put in to make it really usable. Has a weird bimini set up on it.

The bunk space is what really has me on the tournament i want to be able to use it for an overnight get away with a young family. The bunks on the haines and seafarers are just that bit smaller.

You have a nice boat jsmfun have looked at it a few times online also but same issue with bunk space with the kids. Have been quite a few well priced walk arounds though lately that are tempting.

Have considered the 600 offshore but getting heavy when fully loaded for a prado with a 2.5t limit.

Quote Originally Posted by budge View Post
    Thanks Oceanic Dave. Have seen that one but agree with Rob needs a lot of dollars put in to make it really usable. Has a weird bimini set up on it.

The bunk space is what really has me on the tournament i want to be able to use it for an overnight get away with a young family. The bunks on the haines and seafarers are just that bit smaller.

You have a nice boat jsmfun have looked at it a few times online also but same issue with bunk space with the kids. Have been quite a few well priced walk arounds though lately that are tempting.

Have considered the 600 offshore but getting heavy when fully loaded for a prado with a 2.5t limit.
    Yes no doubt, that cabin is fantastic and definitely the best feature of the boat! When I was looking around not many had an electric winch, you will need it. If it's family and fishing I think it is a great choice as long as you don't need too much room fishing. The Seafarer has a decent cabin and still a larger fishing area, the T2000 is the opposite.

The 600 Offshore as in Haines Hunter? I am sure there cabin is much smaller than both above.

Hi Budge
    I have a blue water 2000 , 2012 or 2013 hull anyway its one one the generation 2 .

This is the first glass boat I had purchased so my experience is somewhat limited. I purchased it in 2013 with 60 hrs on the motor (150 etec)mainly due to the lockable cabin as we go away as a familly and leave the boat in the water at diffrent locations for up to a fortnight and I can store fishing gear and kids toys in the boat without worrying about them getting stolen.

My boat had some extras fitted allready such as a fresh water shower and sink which I wouldnt have paid for if i was having it built due to the cost, but it came with the boat and its great to have .

The ride in my opinion is its OK to good, like I say my experience is limited so I cant compare it to to many same size glass boats if I had the money probably would have like to get a 625 cruise craft but they were and extra 50 k with all the bells and whistles .

What I have added or modified is : Bennet trim tabs- trim tabs in my opinion are a must especially if you plan on going out anywhere that chops up like moreton bay.
    Strees free winch with free fall- saved me from divorce
    Foil on the motor so you can plane at lower speed - another must for choppy water in my opinion.
    Reelax spigot type outriggers mounted on my rocket launchers.
    Another garmin chirp sounder.

The good and the bad points in my boat are:

Bad: too much carpet on the deck would have prefered some non slip finish or flooring the crpet is a bugger to get blood and bait out off, the shape of the top of the cabin while great for space inside the cabin means that if you do punch into the back of a wave and you get water on top of the cabin its comming in thru over the top of the windscreen . The bait tank lid is hinged the wrong way and opens with the lid towrds the boat it should be reversed.

Good : A lot of space and storage in the forward cabin. a good familly boat the kids go to sleep on the trips home across the bay in the cabin.
    its capable off shore I regulary to 140 kms return trips with still a third of the fuel tank full. They are not a bad looking boat inside and outside.

The etec came with the boat and will be honest its not my first pick , but having said that I have put 500 hours on mine and havent really had aproblem.
    It pushes the boat fine and is great pulling a tube for for the kids, but i go through 4 ltrs of oil every 600 litres of petrol or so and at 85 dollars for 4 litres its another 10% on the fuel costs. it can also smoke and fume a little bit for extended trolling at 6-8kts.

The short answer is I am happy with my boat but if I had more coin i would have like a heavier hulled boat like a cruise craft but then if I had the money I would also like an aircraft carrier.
    Cheers Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Harmytage View Post
    but then if I had the money I would also like an aircraft carrier.
    Cheers Hunter
    I dont rate aircraft carriers. Too much freeboard to land a fish and they tend to lean out like a cat when turning.

Attachment 116718

Hope you find something good budge.
    This thread is basically me in a few years time so I'm keen to read the advice getting around about good 6m family/fishing boats! I currently have a Signature 493f which is great with small kids, fishing trips, tubes, tangalooma wrecks etc. As the kids get bigger it will get pretty cosy with 4 adult size people.
    With a Suzuki 4st on the signature now I'd prefer to stick with the 4st outboards - perhaps in a few years time more of the 4st models will come on the second hand market?
    The Tournament 2000, Seafarer victory, Northbank 600c and Signature 602f are short listed. Cruise craft are also nice but seem to be more expensive. Happy to hear other suggestions?
    RR