Thread: Extending fuel line(primer bulb location)

Extending fuel line(primer bulb location)

hello all, if one was to shift fuel tanks to midships or bow area, where would be the best position of the fuel primer bulb, would you still keep it close to the outboard or could you have it around midships, i am doing a reno on the tinnie with floors,casting areas etc so just wandering , however does one have a preference of where there primer bulbs are . thanks
    4.5 tinnie
    50 hp merc two stroke.
    thanks

Re: Extending fuel line(primer bulb location)

They pump better than they suck so closer to the tank is better.

PIA when away from the motor, also they work better in a vertical position, the anti flow back valve works better as well so that it doesn't drain back into the tank. Look at all the big boats, tucked in on the transom and some metres away from the fuel tank.

thanks guys, didnt know you had to hold the primer in vertical posie for best results, shall give that a crack.

I have a front tank and a rear tank. Both run though a water separator filter and are sucked from there to the outboard ....so my primer pulls some 4metres of fuel from bow tank through filter...all good. Let's me use a pre filter tap and just select tank. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

excellent , i shall install something like you have just described, prefilter tap for two tanks , thanks