Thread: Sounder to replace a Garmin 750s with a TM 260 1kw transducer

Question Sounder to replace a Garmin 750s with a TM 260 1kw transducer

It's time to update the old Garmin 750s.

looking for some recommendations // experience the current 260 TM 1 kw transducer will stay so the new unit will need to be compatible with the TM 260.
    My second unit is a Garmin 7410 which takes care of the down and side scan and navigation.

So I am looking for a unit to specifically use in deep water ( 80m - 400m ) with good resolution and target separation and very user friendly split Zoom features for bottom searching

Also the unit will need to be bracket mounted as there is no flush mount space.

hopefully there will be some upcoming boat show specials or new releases. also interested in anyone experience with Garmin quickdraw charting function.

thanks

BigE

Re: Sounder to replace a Garmin 750s with a TM 260 1kw transducer

That Garmin 7410 is a good starting point. and your existing tm260 could be interfaced into that system. id consider sticking to the current 74xx Series systems, networked.

we started a quickdraw community "a month and a bit before the official garmin quickdraw community made it obsolete" and its been great for us down here in gippsland,Vic etc. its a decent system that will just get better as more people use it.

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Thanks CM
    I do like the 7410 and think your most likely on the money with integrating the TM 260 into that system as the primary chart / deep water set up and upgrading the 750s with some newer tech. Like the look of the new furno 3D be good if it delivers on it's promise of stabilise sounding for offshore work.

Any thoughts on the advent of new crop of 3D tech comming into the market? any new toys for 2018 boat show season?

hard to know weather to buy in or hold on? could possible pick up some deals on the garmin 74xx if there is an upgrade on the horizon as well.

thanks
    BigE

I have an ex display 7412XSV going cheap if you want to go big!

Otherwise.. on the 3d side of things the AXIOM PRO with the RV series of 3d transducers are new king of the hill for shallow-ish water. though some good reports coming out of deep water guys. DFF3D has been good though some hickups have appeared in the US scene.

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

CM

PM sent.

BigE

Hey Moose, sorry to hijack the thread a little, but I have an old garmin 620, marine and auto GPS, and I've just stepped on the cradle.I might be able to get it fixed, but alternatively, do you know of anywhere that may have a spare? It's discontinued. Thanks for any help mate.

BigE the Garmin 752 and 952 would network with your 7410 and the TM260 will plug straight in. I have sold quite a few 952 to people wanting the cheaper alternative for a 2nd screen
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Thanks Garry looking for options at the moment so the 952 would fit the bill, but I am keen to see what happens on the 3D scene it all looks very promising on the short clips that have been up loaded for the Furuno 3D but it wouldnt be the first infomercial that didnt live up to the hype.

is it possible to run the side view transducer and the TM260 to the same head unit (7410)??

BigE

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Thanks Garry looking for options at the moment so the 952 would fit the bill, but I am keen to see what happens on the 3D scene it all looks very promising on the short clips that have been up loaded for the Furuno 3D but it wouldnt be the first infomercial that didnt live up to the hype.

is it possible to run the side view transducer and the TM260 to the same head unit (7410)??

BigE
    Yes you can as the 260 is 8 pin and the side view is 12 the 7410 has both transducer connection options
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Thanks SK that opens up plenty of options brand wise without sacrificing the 1kw because of brand.

BigE