Thread: Light in the mangroves

Spooky Light in the mangroves

Righto ...so i dont believe in fukin fairies but farkme.lol....me and some mates went on a trip to baffle creek. The fishin was pretty poor due to big storms and heavy rain every night. One of the boys left his tent at home....rookie mistake as he parked his ute up under the coleman fold out gazeebo and slept on the tray until the rain came in sideways and the gazeebo colapsed on top of him in the early hours of the morning....i just remember waking out of my slumber to see a broken man ...the storm broke him...he was soon in his car headin home after one night..im sure he spent more time driving than enjoyin ..anyway something like this happens to him every trip..last time he stood in the fire and wore a plastic bag taped round his foot so he could fish the surf at straddie...haha good effort mate!! Anyways we got flathead ,whiting, sole,bream , good size grunter, gts,and muddies . All we wanted was jacks an barra but the chocolate muddy water proved it too hard for us rookies.but the thing that has me stumped is that we parked the tinny up along a secluded mangrove bank fishing for a jack at high tide in the middle of the night an my mate sais to me 'Do you see that' see what we say.. as we see this light in the mangroves. This light is like a clear white led christmas light ...a single light...hovering around the mangrove edges..darting around ..and hovering in the same spot for 10 seconds then darting around again...yes we were on the piss but we all saw the same thing and cant work out what it was..we are thinking its a firefly but everything we see online shows that they flash...this one did not...they also seem yellow...this was a white light..can anyone tell me what we saw..thanks jimmy

Re: Light in the mangroves

Maybe its a firefly? Maybe you seen toothfairy or ET? Haha..wateva ya story..lets hear it

Blog Entries

Re: Spooky Light in the mangroves

We were up at Baffle from the 2nd Jan to the 5th & yes it did piss down every evening & yes the fishing was poor ......
    Didn't see any white lights around though ......

UFO - Unidentified Flying Object!

fire flies for sure.

or maybe fairy's not sure on your camping buddies preferences, best to check these things before the trip.(just jokes)

BigE

Fires flies mate.
    I've spent heaps of time on the next creek up, deep water creek.

Absolutely heaps of them up there.

mind you, I have drunk a lot of beers up there...

Re: Spooky Light in the mangroves

Quote Originally Posted by masterbaiters View Post
    . All we wanted was jacks an barra thanks jimmy

Be careful what you post mate..... Barra are off limits until 1 Feb..
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

he was going to release them. That is understood at this time of the year. He just forgot to add that to the post.( LOL)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by dnej View Post
    he was going to release them. That is understood at this time of the year. He just forgot to add that to the post.( LOL)
    David
    Targeting them is still an offence before 1 Feb, by catch can't be helped and should be released immediately, even taking photos is frowned upon when out of season. Harsh, I know, best to not say anything.