Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Selling Haines Sig to get a Vindicator

Re: Selling Haines Sig to get a Vindicator

Quote Originally Posted by soulfish View Post
    sounds like a 5.2 kevlacat would fit the bill nicely..light to tow..economical..twin engine for safety..self draining deck..superior ride and stability..huge deck..no waiting time for build..can customise to owners specifications...not plate but..for around 40k for one that needs a bit of loving to 80k for one that's had everything done already..it would be hard to go past..it would leave your current boat for dead in every aspect exept accomadation...
    A lot of people buy plate so they can customise..ive never had a glass boat that I havnt been able to customise with a good fibreglasser....just my 2 bobs worth..everyone has different needs & wants I guess
    And my 5.2 Kevlacat Black Marlin is going for sale very soon too!
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Or you could have Ali deck space and Glass ride and save some serious $$ over a ""name"" brand, dead set mate have a close look and a ride in a Yalta 2200 fisherman. Just been through this exercise and this was the best outcome for me. happy if you want come around and have a sticky beak.

just my thoughts.

BigE
    Attached Images Attached Images

let me know if you want some deck measurements, really happy with the Suzuki as well.

BigE

Big E

I would be interested in the deck width between the pockets and the measurement from the transom to your eskies. Would you be able to sleep in the cabin?

Thanks in advance

Hi Bremic

Have upgraded from the orange eskies (110ltr) in the picture to some new white 160ltr split lid eskies that are a treat.

From the eskies to the transom is 1900 and the width between the pockets is 1700 (feet fit nicely under the pockets) fishes 4 easy and 2 up it's a ballroom. Have slept 3 for two days in the cabin and there is a toilet in there as well.

added a pic with the cabin and new eskies.

BigE
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm on the nth side of bris if you want to have a look.

BigE

Thanks BigE. Those eskies look the goods.

I am on the Sunshine Coast, next time I am heading down I will check in and see if you are busy.

I'm at D'Bay so just down the road.

BigE

Thanks BigE. If I was going to go glass again I would either keep my Sig or get another Sig as it has been a great boat. I'm going plate just got to work out which one.

no worries J

fish with a mate who has a 6.7 Bar Crusher (175 Suzuki) and it is pretty good for a plate boat , they like HP but cut the water nice for tin. really like the way it sits at rest the ballast tube work well but it is noisey at rest lots of sloushing sounds if it's joggley. not much of a cabin if thats important.

BigE