Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling Haines Sig to get a Vindicator

Selling Haines Sig to get a Vindicator

Who has a Vindicator plate boat or has been in one? Thinking of selling my 600f to get a 5.5m or 5.8m Half Cab. Anyone got any info on these boats?

Thanks, John

Re: Selling Haines Sig to get a Vindicator

had i the $$ ide get one fer sure ..

I'm intrigued as to why you're considering selling a bigger, likely smoother riding glass boat to go to a smaller platey. Aren't you going to be going backwards?

Unless they have improved considerably since I went for a ride in one, which was a considerable time ago I will admit.................keep the Haines!

The 5.5 is 6m loa so as I understand it is the same size as the 600f. I understand that it might not ride as well but I can customise it to how I want, eg. fuel tank size, ski pole etc. And it should still be fine for offshore work, see plenty of plate boats out there.

Appreciate any more advice.

Got 2 mates who had them, and they both have since sold theirs, one word sum up the ride. BEAMY.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Thanks for the info. Vindicator is 2.45m. 600f is 2.43m. I know little about the make of a boat so can you explain exactly what BEAMY is. Thanks.

Yep, second that my experience was to put it bluntly scary!

Caught in a decent sea and it was a broaching machine, to the point where the guy that owned it had me to take the wheel while he hit the foetal position on the deck!!

Not saying it was all the boats fault but I have driven just a couple of boats in differing conditions and this and a JBS plate were there together on the bad end of the scale!

Why a vindicator, there are far better plate boats on the market in my opinion anyway?

A mate has spent a heap of time in a 6.2. Rates it highly, much better than his 5.8 fisher. Obviously bigger boat though. What are the brands you would prefer?

Performance plate boats, AMM, Noble Super vee, Riptide they are a couple of the ones I have been in that were comfortable and I felt safe in and there are probably others but these ones spring to mind..

Surtee's although not a custom platey are pretty good too..

Rebel is another that I missed above..

Just my opinion of course as I said it was many years ago that I had my experience with a vindicator and a lot can change in that time!

Ausfish Bronze Member Marchy001's Avatar

Not quite apples v apples but it might be of value to you.
    I had a 5.8 Noble super v and now a 5.9m Seafarer. In winds over 15 knots the super v was a much nicer boat to be in however 10knots and under the Seafarer wins hands down. In good conditions the sportier feel of the Seafarer brings a big smile and in shite the sheer height of the bow in the super v along with the tank like construction was very confidence building.
    Had 175 on them both and pull 5-6mph more out of the Seafarer.

Sorry for late reply, yes. The Vindicators were nice boat to fish from and had plenty of room for their size. But dont push the limit with them, Beamy is what a boat experience as pointed out by Watto79.
    It's like understeer in a car, but the following wave is doing the dirty works and you're not in control.
    Some people who owns boat don't realize their own boat bad characteristic. I pointed this out to one of my friend after a trip out of Fraser, initially he didn't like what I said, until he came out in mine and we had similar seas. It was an eye opener for him and consider himself to be an experienced boater.
    I guess, you have to think about exactly what you want and the condition you fish in, if you dont go out if it blows up past 15knots, The Vindicator may be the right boat, but if you are one of those that calls a trip short notice, You probably be better catered for something like a Surtee or one of the other brand mentioned already.
    Happy hunting...

Wayne
    Last edited by hungry6; 19-01-2018 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Thanks for the info. All very helpful.