Thread: Sea Jay Velocity Owner Feedback/Review

Sea Jay Velocity Owner Feedback/Review

Looking at upgrading my current boat to something larger in the 5-5.5M range. I have narrowed my boat selection down to a few manufacturers and am interested in the sea jay velocity hulls in 5.2 and 5.5M models, as the hulls appear to be particularly suited to Top End fishing conditions here in Darwin.

If anyone has any feedback on these hulls it would be appreciated as I can only find reviews in magazines that would be no more than a paid advertisement.

Regards

dicko1980

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Sea Jay Velocity Owner Feedback/Review

A bloke I know has just bought one ..... he knows his boats
    I have a 5m Barramasta .... the velocity is an improvement on the hull design .
    Seajay build good boats ..... Flexible with custom fitouts - I made some fairly significant changes to my boat & they were very accommodating .

My only criticism ( & this would probably go for most boat builders ) is that they never use products like sikaflex between alloy & stainless ..... so you do end up with some paint bubbles . lf I was to get another boat built - I would send them a caulking gun and a couple of cartridges for the fitout.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO