Thread: Ctek chargers

Ctek chargers

Hi all after reading multiple things that ctek are the best chargers I went and purchased a m200-12v-15amp charger for reconditioning a battery and to also charge a battery that was at 11 volts this battery when I put on charge only ever gets to the absorption stage it never goes to float and the charger then flicks to fault mode what could this mean..
    any info would help as I have 3 others to do.
    Cheers scott
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Re: Ctek chargers

Maybe batteries are too far gone or dropped a cell

Try another battery, if same thing happens it could mean another dead battery or faulty charger, I did get one once.

From CTEK FAQS
    If the battery voltage is not above 12,5V after 4h the charger will turn into error mode, because the voltage has not increased in the way it should have done.

Explanation 1: The battery is too large in relation to the capacity of the charger.
    Test: Make sure that the battery/batteries size is not larger than the recommendations.
    Test: Try to restart the charger because the charger might need more time to charge the battery.

Explanation 2: Larger loads are connected to the battery.
    Test: Disconnect the battery and try to charge it without the loads.
    Test: Try to restart the charger because the charger might need more time to charge the battery.

Explanation 3: If the battery is warm and/or is boiling heavily during the charging, it is most likely due to a defective cell in the battery.
    Test: Change the battery.

If the battery was at discharged for a long time there is a good chance its terminal. The battery will probably still hold a charge, but it wont be anywhere near its rated capacity. IF the battery is really warm when charging, its a fairly good sign its buggered. A hydrometer will confirm

Thanks all for the info I have tried another battery and it works good so dam new battery needed just happened to be a start battery
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmfun View Post
    Thanks all for the info I have tried another battery and it works good so dam new battery needed just happened to be a start battery
    You got the charger now, the trick is to keep all your batteries fully charged all the time. Once a week, just swap the charger to the next battery if they are all sitting idle.