Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2 stroke end in sight

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: 2 stroke end in sight

Quote Originally Posted by Andy56 View Post
    the important question is, are you catching fish?

thats what its all about bro,, catching fish and takin family/ friends out on the water... yes i will cry cry cry when my 2 stroke takes its last breath.. but we still have motors wether there 2 or 4 stroke and we can still get out there and have fun.. thats something to be thankfull for...... peace..
    ill be somewhere up the creek, happy trails..

I’d love to help the environment and upgrade to a new four stroke, but it ain’t going to happen. I’ll be using my 115hp two stroke for many years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

At about 10 grand to repower my boat with a new 4 stk... im part of the problem haha.

fortunately its the end of the sale of new 2stk not the use of 2 old stk.

Just to put a useless 2 bobs in.
    I run in two boats, one a 3.5m tinny with a 15 merc 2 stroke the other a yellowfin platey with 115 4 stroke.
    I had a 2000 merc 15 that had run faultlessly for 17 years, but last year I thought I would upgrade and got a new 15 merc and passed mine on to a lucky bloke cheap.
    If I am at the boat ramp in my tinny and someone comes up and says why are you running a smelly environmentally damaging 2 stroke I will tell them to F** *ff politely.
    And I will probably be able to do that for another 20 years if I live that long. Wouldn't surprise me if the bloke I sold my old one to may be beside me.
    I recycle but ffs it's a 15 hp merc, you should see what industry pumps into our river. Fair enough , make things better but target the real polluters
    Cheers
    Muz

Ausfish Silver Member

yeah shakey ben and muzza, if i had a choice id have me 2 stroke, and yes just like car drivers who say i dont have to go electric yet as im still legally aloud to drive them,, well as said above and i agree that, i will be using mine for 20 years until it dies, and thats legal so no beating me up about the environment.. lol
    ill be somewhere up the creek, happy trails..

Quote Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
    Just to put a useless 2 bobs in.
    I run in two boats, one a 3.5m tinny with a 15 merc 2 stroke the other a yellowfin platey with 115 4 stroke.
    I had a 2000 merc 15 that had run faultlessly for 17 years, but last year I thought I would upgrade and got a new 15 merc and passed mine on to a lucky bloke cheap.
    If I am at the boat ramp in my tinny and someone comes up and says why are you running a smelly environmentally damaging 2 stroke I will tell them to F** *ff politely.
    And I will probably be able to do that for another 20 years if I live that long. Wouldn't surprise me if the bloke I sold my old one to may be beside me.
    I recycle but ffs it's a 15 hp merc, you should see what industry pumps into our river. Fair enough , make things better but target the real polluters
    Cheers
    Muz
    Agreed however real polluters are not as soft a target. And bugger this 20yr shite, aim for 40 with a black one. You know they are good for it.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I find it bizarre that there are boaters that still like old 2 Strokes ..... by choice. For all the fumes , oil , starting issues etc .... people still want one hanging off the transom. I get why people like say a cool old muscle car .... even though they might drive like crap ..... but there is nothing cool about a two banger .

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

My V4 90HP 2 stroke is 30 Years old and I can start it with a rope, that's cool.

Ausfish Bronze Member

Except if its a G2 Evinrude or a Wartsila - the most powerful modern high tech diesel ship engine and it's a 2 stroke, being fitted to most new cargo ship builds, 14 Cyl, 125,000 Hp

How do the new evinrudes compare to new 4stk outboards?

I get my full rated 90HP at 5,000 RPM, no need to rev it's tits off like a 4 stroke.

2 stroke smell? Think of it as an early warning system for carbon monoxide poisoning & carcinogenic fumes.
    Now if they would just invent Bacon flavoured TCW3.

Ausfish Bronze Member

The new G2 is the cleanest running out board on the market. It has both EU and the highest California EPA certification which is the most stringent in the US and possibly the world. It has the most torque of any outboard (hp for hp), it is just as fuel efficient or better than 4 stroke, no smoke, no smell, instant start, it has integrated hydraulic power steering which is adjustable. At idle the G2 is whisper quiet but is a little noisier than a 4 stroke at high rpm but nothing like the old 2 strokes. Some people make statements about the cost of the XD100 oil but this cost is more than offset by the reduced servicing costs.
    The mistake many people make is to compare the old 2 strokes with this new technology. I have taken skeptics for a run with my 225HO G2 and they are just blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I find it bizarre that there are boaters that still like old 2 Strokes ..... by choice. For all the fumes , oil , starting issues etc .... people still want one hanging off the transom. I get why people like say a cool old muscle car .... even though they might drive like crap ..... but there is nothing cool about a two banger .

chris
    What starting issues? Both my 2 2 strokes (2000 and 2004) start very quickly first time (Both Japanese though...). Fumes...using Penrite Biomarine very little...ohh and it's biodegradable and provides far less environmental impact than traditional oils.

For longevity, grunt, lack of weight and reliable low service cost running it's a 2 stroke (even carby oil injected) any day.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

I love my 2 x 2st's. and sure they stink, and yes i would happily own a nice new 4st(no choice in the near future). But it's not so easy for all of us to just whip out of the ATM the many thousands it will cost to replace them, so I will have to enjoy what I have for the foreseeable future.
    Maybe a 2st. buy back amnesty like they did with guns!

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post

chris
    I don’t no mate I love the cackle of my 2 stroke 60 hp early in the morning idling at IMG_1033.jpgthe ramp and in 960 hrs never had a problem starting it in 12 yrs . But I will say if it dies it’s the only time I will replace it with a 4 stroke
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......