Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2 stroke end in sight

Ausfish Bronze Member

Re: 2 stroke end in sight

[QUOTE=ozscott;1640513]High pressure injection fuel injected 2 strokes are not banned. The gen 2 Etec 2 stroke are less polluting than a 4 stroke with more grunt and comparable economy.

Absolutely correct.

There seems to be a bit of confusion reading and interpreting posts, so, let's start again, the SALE of NEW old style carby 2 strokes is being phased out, owning, using or reselling a second hand one is perfectly legal, DFI 2 strokes, like the e-tec will also be perfectly OK, and sales will continue as they are, everyone clear now? I am not exactly sure where the notion that anyone was suggesting 2 strokes will be completely banned came from, reading some posts, it almost could be read that way, maybe!

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    There seems to be a bit of confusion reading and interpreting posts, so, let's start again, the SALE of NEW old style carby 2 strokes is being phased out, owning, using or reselling a second hand one is perfectly legal, DFI 2 strokes, like the e-tec will also be perfectly OK, and sales will continue as they are, everyone clear now? I am not exactly sure where the notion that anyone was suggesting 2 strokes will be completely banned came from, reading some posts, it almost could be read that way, maybe!
    yes for those who aint sure thats true. banned from selling or importing new ones, not banned to use until they die or to buy one now up until the sales bann comes in,, loosely speaking they will be as good as banned/dead/gone in so many years to come when they are all coroded and destined for the scrap pile.
    ill be somewhere up the creek, happy trails..

Ausfish Silver Member

[QUOTE=Force3;1640524]
    Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    High pressure injection fuel injected 2 strokes are not banned. The gen 2 Etec 2 stroke are less polluting than a 4 stroke with more grunt and comparable economy.

Absolutely correct.
    cant wait to try one lol

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force3 View Post
    To quote Noelm "Memories (good or bad) aside, reliability aside, 2 strokes are being banned simply because they burn oil with the fuel, that dirty exhaust comes out IN the water"

and as a 2 stroke lover i totally understand they must go, as there to dirty for this sensitive planet/waterways... my say is not that its best for the environment as such, its just i love the raw raucious feel of 2 strokes and no one has to agree and like them, but cos some think there shit dont mean we all have to agree..

Yep two stroke exhaust has been coming out in the water for some time now. Have not seen anybody lose a arm or a leg or grow a second head from catching a feed at the rear of there two stroke powered watercraft.

I appeal to anybody championing the cause of any changes to paste any evidence here. I will start

http://www.ukmarinesac.org.uk/activi...ion/r03_01.htm

I read in an earlier post about somebody getting a gobful of two stroke smoke like it were some typical or justifiable reason, i call BS. Perhaps that particular o/board in question could have been in need of some attention to deal with that issue ie an over oiling injection system or even perhaps a pre mix owner overdoing things on the ratio front. Just as i see 4 cycle engines spew smoke i am not silly enough to think they are all like that.

I hear what you are saying Noel regarding things getting twisted on here, I have probably added to that confusion but i am just pointing out IMO there is no need to make any changes to 2 stoke powered outboards new old or indifferent, Injected or old school carbie.

The world is going flipp'n batshit crazy over crap like this and generally it is driven and supported be people who cite the benefits to the environment but at the first hint of an increase in other parts of there life to deal with the environment they can't scream blue murder loud enough or quick enough.

I look forward to my next feed caught from my two stroke powered boat. I wonder if i will make it through the night without suffering some 2 stroke inflicted gastrointestinal disease LOL.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Yep two stroke exhaust has been coming out in the water for some time now. Have not seen anybody lose a arm or a leg or grow a second head from catching a feed at the rear of there two stroke powered watercraft.

I appeal to anybody championing the cause of any changes to paste any evidence here. I will start

http://www.ukmarinesac.org.uk/activi...ion/r03_01.htm

I read in an earlier post about somebody getting a gobful of two stroke smoke like it were some typical or justifiable reason, i call BS. Perhaps that particular o/board in question could have been in need of some attention to deal with that issue ie an over oiling injection system or even perhaps a pre mix owner overdoing things on the ratio front. Just as i see 4 cycle engines spew smoke i am not silly enough to think they are all like that.

I hear what you are saying Noel regarding things getting twisted on here, I have probably added to that confusion but i am just pointing out IMO there is no need to make any changes to 2 stoke powered outboards new old or indifferent, Injected or old school carbie.

The world is going flipp'n batshit crazy over crap like this and generally it is driven and supported be people who cite the benefits to the environment but at the first hint of an increase in other parts of there life to deal with the environment they can't scream blue murder loud enough or quick enough.

I look forward to my next feed caught from my two stroke powered boat. I wonder if i will make it through the night without suffering some 2 stroke inflicted gastrointestinal disease LOL.

steeler i stated on this post from the begining i am a 2 stroke man and im not happy that they are being banned, and said how people doing a lot worse for the environmet ( usually money behind it) are not sacrificing.. and i also will be holding onto my 2 stroke until it corodes of me boat. as for spuing 2 stroke fumes,, yes i agree it was most likely needed a good tune up.. and once again its a choice made by the man for the little people.. it sucks but its a done deal..

Quote Originally Posted by up the creek View Post
    steeler i stated on this post from the begining i am a 2 stroke man and im not happy that they are being banned, and said how people doing a lot worse for the environmet ( usually money behind it) are not sacrificing.. and i also will be holding onto my 2 stroke until it corodes of me boat. as for spuing 2 stroke fumes,, yes i agree it was most likely needed a good tune up.. and once again its a choice made by the man for the little people.. it sucks but its a done deal..
    Yep i know. This worldwide nanny state mentality is just going way too far. The world has bigger problems and considering the quality of those running it have proven time and time again their inability to walk and chew gum at the same time they should just stick to the real issues.

My raving lunatic rant over LOL

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

love the smell of two stroke in the morning, helps me clear my head oh yeah. Too many greenies in the world brain washing the masses, if some one gets a waft of my two stroke , or if i get a waft of someones cigerette smoking , whats the diff? aghhhhh i know smokers pay a tax to smoke dont they.

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Yep i know. This worldwide nanny state mentality is just going way too far. The world has bigger problems and considering the quality of those running it have proven time and time again their inability to walk and chew gum at the same time they should just stick to the real issues.

My raving lunatic rant over LOL

your raving lunatic rant right on bro.... will it help? will they listen? most likely not lol.. but yeah man i agree im a smoker and i gotta pay $30 for a small 25g pack.. as im told i cost the taxpayer money.. ( and dont tell me ill end up in hospital eventually as we all will when were old farts for 1 reason or another.. now i dont mind people drinking and aint tryin to diss them. but ive never been to emergency for my smoking once in my 39year life.. ranting aside bro, its about if its good for one then it should be for all not just us 2 stroke loving hoons lol.. but as said its done now its law and we must go with the flow its not worth the stress.. peace out to my rant also lol for now

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    love the smell of two stroke in the morning, helps me clear my head oh yeah. Too many greenies in the world brain washing the masses, if some one gets a waft of my two stroke , or if i get a waft of someones cigerette smoking , whats the diff? aghhhhh i know smokers pay a tax to smoke dont they.

who needs coffee when u got 2 stroke in the mornin hey catshark lol u funny bugger.

I guess to be fair, it all has to start somewhere, tiny steps take time, but in the end, it's for the better, no different to cars "way back" old technology Holdens and Fords, but, over time the world go changed to much cleaner, fuel efficient cars, right or wrong is a never ending debate. Jet skis and motor bikes were mentioned, next time you see a new one, check it out, most are clean running, high output 4 strokes, except the Bombardier ones, some of those have an e-tec like engine, lots use a Rotax engine like used in aircraft, it's just a fact of life, we, as a global community, need to take steps to cut back unessesary polution.

Just to completely derail this thread, I was at the supermarket checkout yesterday, and they are in the process of getting rid of plastic bags, lots of people had reusable bags of various materials, but, they were stuffing those bags with piles of items in plastic packaging, polystyrene trays of meat covered in cling wrap, plastic jars and so on, it just kind of made me chuckle to think these clean air people thinking they are doing the right thing, when in fact, the entire cycle needs to start at the beginning, and that includes what everything is packaged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Just to completely derail this thread, I was at the supermarket checkout yesterday, and they are in the process of getting rid of plastic bags, lots of people had reusable bags of various materials, but, they were stuffing those bags with piles of items in plastic packaging, polystyrene trays of meat covered in cling wrap, plastic jars and so on, it just kind of made me chuckle to think these clean air people thinking they are doing the right thing, when in fact, the entire cycle needs to start at the beginning, and that includes what everything is packaged in.
    Sometimes i wonder where they keep getting materials from to make all this use once, throw away stuff, then i wonder where do they keep putting it all?
    Must be a lot more landfill around than what some of us imagine.

Some gets recycled by the reusable hemp bag carrying hippies/greenies, some gets recycled by diligent home owners, but by far the bigggest amount just goes to landfill, I know I recycle anything that's convenient, but for the amount of rates I pay, for the pitiful once a fortnight bin pickup, I make sure my bin is jam packed, our local tip rates are astronomical, it's no wonder people dump illegally on the side of the road.