Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2 stroke end in sight

Re: 2 stroke end in sight

Yep for sure. Evenrude went heavily that way. Merc put a foot in the water with Optimax but looks like both feet are in 4 strokes now.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Force3 View Post
    Whenever this topic comes up there are all sorts of fallacies pedalled around.
    2 strokes are not being banned. The SALE of new 2 stroke carby and EFI models only will be banned. The sale of direct injection 2 strokes will continue. If you own a carby or EFI 2 stroke you can continue to use it. The use of 2 strokes is not being banned.
    I don't think anyone said they will be simply banned

Ausfish Silver Member

yes noelm they are being banned. and yes all loyalty aside they are too dirty a machine to run in our beautiful lakes and esturies. even down the gold coast when someone pulled in the bank close to me and other people swimming, we got a face full of fumes in the water and air.i like the basic 2 stroke and always will.. but i am more then happy to go 4 stroke for the sake of our waterways, no matter what other countries do..
    ill be somewhere up the creek, happy trails..

Ausfish Silver Member

noelm i was replying to your earlier post not the one above. banned for new sales i meant in my last post.

Ausfish Silver Member

i reckon if they can somehow get the weight of 4 strokes down with future technology, especially for light boats. then 4 strokes would be even more attractive. thered be no reason not to wack one on your little tender.. just speaking as ive seen it come up a bit, people saying i cant lift a 15hp 4 stroke on me tender or small tinnie..

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Yep for sure. Evenrude went heavily that way. Merc put a foot in the water with Optimax but looks like both feet are in 4 strokes now.

Cheers

i think they will go with whatever is cheaper to make. i would like to see a fuel injected 2 stroke if they were not banned, and if it was a fuel effecient machine. and maybe down the line they may make some,

High pressure injection fuel injected 2 strokes are not banned. The gen 2 Etec 2 stroke are less polluting than a 4 stroke with more grunt and comparable economy.

Cheers

Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Give me the simplicity of an old Merc inline 6 2 stroke any day of the week.

World is going frigg'n crazy with selective greenies. Don't dare change energy policy that will increase my power bills but lets demonize two strokes for the environment, FMD.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Ausfish Silver Member

im with ya steeler i am through and through a little 2 stroke man.. and ozscott. i hope they do a 2 stroke ful injected, i cant have me carby but i can have me 2 stroke.. and if as you say ozscott they are very low pollutant then maybe we all can be happy in the end lol..

I'm not too sure how small EFI 2 strokes will go, once you start adding all the gizmos that come with EFI in 2 strokes, all the advantages go out the window, I think Evinrude will be the only ones with 2 strokes in the very near future, the writing is on the wall, Mercury is cutting back it's Optimax line, Yamaha has ditched its HPDIs, Tohatsu has got into bed with Honda and dropping their previous 2 strokes, including their DI range, let's hope Evinrude has made the right choice long term.

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I'm not too sure how small EFI 2 strokes will go, once you start adding all the gizmos that come with EFI in 2 strokes, all the advantages go out the window, I think Evinrude will be the only ones with 2 strokes in the very near future, the writing is on the wall, Mercury is cutting back it's Optimax line, Yamaha has ditched its HPDIs, Tohatsu has got into bed with Honda and dropping their previous 2 strokes, including their DI range, let's hope Evinrude has made the right choice long term.

never owned an evinrude... but always wanted one... if they do make any 2 stroke engines no matter how they deliver the fuel to the pots and there legal in australia, then i will be first in line to buy 1..

I wonder if this will affect the likes of jet ski's, motocross/endure bikes. there's plenty of big name brands that still make them new, and they run pre-mix with a carb.

I am just waiting for either the Feds or Sate Govt to create a new department called the Victa 2 Stroke Powertorque enforcement service. They will park outside my house in there black suburban clothed in slick black suits with matching sunglasses waiting for me to fire up the old fully blown 160cc muscle machine so they can come confiscate it and slap me in an environmental infringement correctional big house.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Ausfish Silver Member

erics.. that is highly likely, i am wating for bans on all carbueretted 2 strokes.. maybe not for a while but i can forsee someone may come up with that next.. and steeler, lol, be careful what u wish for.. it may come true ha ha.

Ausfish Bronze Member

To quote Noelm "Memories (good or bad) aside, reliability aside, 2 strokes are being banned simply because they burn oil with the fuel, that dirty exhaust comes out IN the water"